Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion: MultiBeast - No Audio/Solutions and Problem Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confirmed changing ncpi=3000 to ncpi=2000 fixed my audio problem on P55-USB3-Rev2, ALC892.

also confirming fix!!

-I had already reinstalled on a second hard drive
-removing npci=3000 (not changing it) fixed my original installation. ALC889 working now.

Thanks!! (glad to have my ssd version back!)

Hi All,

I am new to Multibeast. Have had some version of the same hackintosh since 2008 from the first lifehacker guide (though at some point changed from the original suggested ASUS MB to the EP45-3DP. Was running 10.6.8 for the longest time, but everything had really slowed down so i bought a new SSD and used unibeast to install 10.8.5. Installation was a breeze (i really can't believe how smoothly it went) and my system is really humming. The only problems I have are:

1. I can't get audio working. In the past voodoo audio has worked...however none of the MB voodoo kexts work. The best it can do is 4 digital outputs...

I have also used realtek 889a in the past, though none of those are working either.

I have tried easybeast AND with my old DSDT (though my motherboard is now on the latest version bios...which may be a problem?) but no matter what, I haven't been able to get sound working. Any thoughts?

2. Sleep. If the computer goes to sleep, in order to wake it I have to push the power button. This I can live with, but if someone has a fix that would be great.

I have included my HW below:
MoBo: Gigabyte EP45-UD3P
Cpu: Intel Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
Gfx: ASUS Geforce 9800 GT 512MB (PEG 2)
PNY GeForce GT 220 1GB (PEG)
Mem: 8GB DDR-2 800Mhz
Hdd: 256 MB Corsair Neutron SSD
Dvd: LG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner SATA GH22NS30

If anyone has any ideas, I'd be very appreciative!

Thanks.
Ben

Hi All,

I am new to Multibeast. Have had some version of the same hackintosh since 2008 from the first lifehacker guide (though at some point changed from the original suggested ASUS MB to the EP45-3DP. Was running 10.6.8 for the longest time, but everything had really slowed down so i bought a new SSD and used unibeast to install 10.8.5. Installation was a breeze (i really can't believe how smoothly it went) and my system is really humming. The only problems I have are:

1. I can't get audio working. In the past voodoo audio has worked...however none of the MB voodoo kexts work. The best it can do is 4 digital outputs...

I have also used realtek 889a in the past, though none of those are working either.

I have tried easybeast AND with my old DSDT (though my motherboard is now on the latest version bios...which may be a problem?) but no matter what, I haven't been able to get sound working. Any thoughts?

2. Sleep. If the computer goes to sleep, in order to wake it I have to push the power button. This I can live with, but if someone has a fix that would be great.

I have included my HW below:
MoBo: Gigabyte EP45-UD3P
Cpu: Intel Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
Gfx: ASUS Geforce 9800 GT 512MB (PEG 2)
PNY GeForce GT 220 1GB (PEG)
Mem: 8GB DDR-2 800Mhz
Hdd: 256 MB Corsair Neutron SSD
Dvd: LG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner SATA GH22NS30

If anyone has any ideas, I'd be very appreciative!

Thanks.
Ben

Have you checked you boot.plist for npci=0x3000 or npci=0x2000 kernel flags? Try to follow the Multibeast guide to the T and then check for said flags and remove. If you can boot without then you should be able to have audio once your at the desktop if you have followed the guide. If you cannot boot without them, try to boot with either one I just mentioned separately at boot screen. Waiting for your results.

Toleda, the internal audio was working fine, but I installed the software for my Apogee Quartet, and even when the Headphone, line-out and digital out appear in the Preferences>Sound, when I choose those, I dont get any sound from the sound effects tab or from any applications. My quartet is working fine luckily.

Motherboard Gigabyte P55A-UD3 rev 2, Bios F11 / Processor 2.93 GHz Intel Core i5 / Mountain Lion 10.8 (12A269) /Graphics GeForce GTS 250 1024 MB

Multibeast

The official DSDT from the Tonymac repository

View attachment Sound Assertions.log Screen Shot 2013-09-17 at 10.29.41 PM.pngScreen Shot 2013-09-17 at 10.30.11 PM.png

Edit:

I also noticed that all the options appear in AudioMidi Setup properly, but except for my quartet, they have the "master" fader in grey as disabled and locked in 0 (minimum), like this:

Screen Shot 2013-09-17 at 10.55.35 PM.png

Toleda, the internal audio was working fine, but I installed the software for my Apogee Quartet, and even when the Headphone, line-out and digital out appear in the Preferences>Sound, when I choose those, I dont get any sound from the sound effects tab or from any applications. My quartet is working fine luckily.
Uninstall the third party software. If onboard audio returns, contact the 3rd party vendor.

Have you checked you boot.plist for npci=0x3000 or npci=0x2000 kernel flags? Try to follow the Multibeast guide to the T and then check for said flags and remove. If you can boot without then you should be able to have audio once your at the desktop if you have followed the guide. If you cannot boot without them, try to boot with either one I just mentioned separately at boot screen. Waiting for your results.

Hi Twisted Systems,

Thanks for your response/advice. I definitely followed the multibeast guide to a T. When you say check my boot.plist I assume you mean in my Extra folder right? The file I have in there is called org.chameleon.boot.plist. That file looks like this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I don't see any flags like the ones you are pointing out. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place?

Thanks
Ben

We agree Interim is not working on your 10.8.5 x79 system. Your Interim IOReg shows the same symptom as others are reporting after the 10.8.5 Combo Update; AppleHDA binary is not loading after the update.

Now working with your interim AppleHDA. thanks Toleda.

So, after clean install of OS X 10.8.5 on GA-B85-HD3, i installed no dsdt ALC892 audio driver using MultiBeast 5.4.3, and as you can guess - NO SOUND :)

My HW
MB: GIGABYTE GA-B85-HD3
BIOS: F5; VT-d - disable, XHCI - auto (not smart auto); SATA - AHCI; Internal Graphics - disable; else - default
Audio: Realtek ACL892 (Working)
Ethernet: Realtek (Working)
CPU: i5 4670 (Working)
Video: Inno3D nVidia GTX 660 (Graphics Enabler - NO) (Working 100%)
SSD: GoodRAM 120 GB (Working + TRIM)
Memory: Kingston 16 GB 1600Mhz (Working)
USB 3.0 (Working as 2.0; NO LUCK - HELP!!! :D)

So, after clean install of OS X 10.8.5 on GA-B85-HD3, i installed no dsdt ALC892 audio driver using MultiBeast 5.4.3, and as you can guess - NO SOUND :)
What a waste of time. Surprised your "solution" is working; major "operator" errors. The result is the same as MultiBeast/ALC892. Next time, see post #1 in this thread.

Your post was edited so no one else feels the pain you did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back