Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion: MultiBeast - No Audio/Solutions and Problem Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I have found the issue. When you have the much needed npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000 that was needed for LION to boot in your Chameleon.boot.plist it will kill sound on rebooting system. Test this by removing the one you have and try to boot. But please follow the post I just posted. Everyone will need to be as vanilla as possible and run the combo update 10.8.5. Then run the scripts that Toleda has available for us all to use. Heads up: Some of the boards still require a npci=0x2000 or so to boot up. Take out your current 0x2000 and 0x3000 flags out of org.chameleon.Boot.plist and try to boot without. If one fails try the other at the boot screen with either -npci=0x2000 or -npci=0x3000. Mine booted fine without either.

so after following the post #1 - i assume I have found out pertinent information....

attached screen shots and ioreg.

I don't have a iohdacodecdevice@ 1B 0

it also appears that my pin configurations is not the same as the ones in post #1

I don't exactly know how I should address that but....it appears that and the device 1B, 0 are the problems...

Please advise...Thanks.

Attachments

• daniel's X79.zip
    659.1 KB · Views: 68
  • Pin configurations.png
    Pin configurations.png
    172.9 KB · Views: 123
  • iohadcodecdevice 1,B2.png
    iohadcodecdevice 1,B2.png
    93.4 KB · Views: 109
Remove npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000 if you have that in your com.apple.boot.plist. it kills the audio upon boot up. Try that.

that was my problem, too
i had it in my chameleon bootflags

Remove npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000 if you have that in your com.apple.boot.plist. it kills the audio upon boot up. Try that.

Won't that jeopardize my resolution on my Gt640 video card ?

You have a different problem. Audio is working on your system, you have the x79 no sound problem. See Note 3, Unsupported/Non Working Audio ML Optimized AppleHDA in Post #1 of Mountain Lion: Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC8xx.

Wow....first time since January that I have onboard audio.....- Its still has a static on the audio....kind of like a car stereo you used to hook up that had a bad ground....winds up and down. anyway i had given up then screwed my install trying to fix it....now it's working...

Thank you

Mr. Toleda

PS anyone have any idea about the static? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back