Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion: MultiBeast - No Audio/Solutions and Problem Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here it is....Thanks sorry I don't understand more about the io reg.....files I wish I could interpret it

System has been working without issue since January Just don't have onboard sound....I have a FW device that runs my sound....problem is...that while making a headphone mix to record some music (pro tools) I have the same static in my headphone (from FW device) as the onboard sound port.....Static hiss variable pitch.

View attachment YYR123_ioreg_GAX79.zip

I don't understand more about the io reg.....files I wish I could interpret it
You have confirmed what is already known; no sound on X79 with the ML AppleHDA.kext. See Interim Realtek Ivy Bridge Lion AppleHDA.

1. Delete S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler1.kext
2. Download the Interim AppleHDA.kext.
3. Download MultiBeast 4.6.1 and KextBeast
4. Run Multibeast 4.6.1/Drivers & Bootloaders/Kexts & Enablers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/ and select:Non-DSDT Enabler/ALC898
5. Copy Interim AppleHDA.kext to Desktop
6. Run KextBeast.
7. Reastart

You have confirmed what is already known; no sound on X79 with the ML AppleHDA.kext. See Interim Realtek Ivy Bridge Lion AppleHDA.

4. Run Multibeast 4.6.1/Drivers & Bootloaders/Kexts & Enablers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/ and select:Non-DSDT Enabler/ALC898
6. Run KextBeast.
7. Reastart

Thank you! Same is Working with GA-Z87X-UD5H Rev 1.0 F7 with ALC898 on osx 10.8.4

Thank you! Same is Working with GA-Z87X-UD5H Rev 1.0 F7 with ALC898 on osx 10.8.4

Awesome good news i will try it out later tonight:thumbup:

6. Run KextBeast.
7. Reastart

Just a quick question here.....why is the Multibeast 4.6.1 the one i want to use? It is probably compiled for the x79/ML10.8 combo right?

Thanks again.

Just a quick question here.....why is the Multibeast 4.6.1 the one i want to use? It is probably compiled for the x79/ML10.8 combo right?
The only reason for MultiBeast 4.6.1 is for the enabler not the AppleHDA. The Interim AppleHDA is the key and it is not available in MultiBeat. By the way, the Interim AppleHDA is from 10.6.2; preceding 10.8 and x79 by years.

Thank you for your help....

So did I read somewhere on this site that the P and C states kext's need to be deleted to get the audio as well.?

b/c from what I can tell it didn't work...but I am trying it again....

6. Run KextBeast.
7. Reastart

So after doing these steps...it doesn't work...I'm sure it should but it doesn't...so either Im doing something wrong or there is extra stuff in the S/L/E - kexts area.that is preventing it from working right....

My system was the textbook recommended custo mac pro.

GA-x79-UD5
Nvidia GeForce GT640
i7-3930k
16gb Corsair 1800mhz (another thing my bios is showing only 1300mhz)
I have a PCIe FW card - onboard FW chip is disabled.....
I will have to check and make sure onboard audio is enabled in my bios settings . but regardless i still have the big static noise out of my green audio port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back