Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion: MultiBeast - No Audio/Solutions and Problem Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same issue. Just got back from a week of travel and my audio was working before I left. Now I don't seem to have any audio output devices. I'm noticing that Netflix, Youtube, etc. seem to also have problems streaming. Netflix comes up with an "Audio System Error". I'm wondering if an OS X update or javascript update may have caused a problem?

Keep us posted on if it's a hardware issue (I doubt it), but it'll get us a step closer to figuring this out...

How do I make it show up? I am going to try a bios update.

Problem SOLVED.

I installed Windows on my SSD, and used the Gigabyte software to update bios to F14.

I then installed ML on a 2nd SSD, followed the steps that I have described here.

Audio is working from the Black Audio port on the back of the MB only.

Front audio port is not working.

I installed Ubuntu and there's no sound output options, that's something. Seems odd for the sound to go out like that, especially since it's under a year old.

Anyway, I bought a Syba SD-CM-UAUD USB Stereo Audio Adapter from amazon for $9. It sounds about what you'd guess a $9 sound card would sound like, but it's better than nothing.

Hope toleda will see this, sigh... Just tell me if you have any ideas. Giving up for tonight it stress me out...

No HDMI Audio

1. System profile>Audio>Intel HDA>HDMI / Display port. Shows 1 output. However, System preferences>Sound>Outputs does not show HDMI. Only Intspeakers, Line out, Digital out.
2. GA-Z77N-WIFI, 3770K, 10.8.2, HD4000 via efi string (finally got working)
3. I've had native AppleHDA.kext and another chameleon version AppleHDA_892.kext - No luck. HDAEnabler was deleted also from S/L/E
4. GA-Z77N-WIFi DSDT from database here on this site.
5. Will provide later if needed

6. Don't know what this means.... No kernel panics? None
7. Again, HDMI shows here, but only one instance...shouldn't it be two since this motherboard has 2 HDMI ?
8. HD4000 512MB shows here

Thank you in advance for any help

Hope toleda will see this, sigh... Just tell me if you have any ideas. Giving up for tonight it stress me out...

No HDMI Audio
See Part IV. Problem Reporting in Post #1, reply with information requested

Hi toleda I just got to this thread so I see there's a lot to work through in the first post. I thought I'd go ahead and post real fast in case there's a simple solution. First of all, thanks for your contribution to the community. Much appreciated. I'm a Snow Leopard 2010 hackintosh noob veteran with no audio on a fresh ML install on my new mobo.

1. No audio or audio devices showing up.

EVGA Z77 FTW
i7-3770K
Fresh install of 10.8.3
GTX 670 graphics

No DSDT

4/9/13 5:16:50.000 PM kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDACodecGeneric at line 360
4/9/13 5:16:50.000 PM kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 1570
4/9/13 5:16:50.000 PM kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 2200
4/9/13 5:16:50.000 PM kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 217
4/9/13 5:16:50.000 PM kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 1055

So I have an EVGA Z77 FTW, which as far as I can tell is ALC889. I did an install using Unibeast/Multibeast and I can boot fine. I used the without DSDT ALC889 option in MB. Today I repaired permissions and rebuilt the cache, and rebooted. Then I just reinstalled it from MB and it's not working right now. So I'm going to start at the first post but if you have any words of wisdom, I'm listening!

Also it would be good to know if I need to go the DSDT route to get HDMI audio working through my 670. The guide seems to be based on a DSDT. If that's the case I can just start on that.

Thanks again toleda.

EDIT: Added info you requested in post #1

Attachments

• evgaz77ftw files.zip
    738.7 KB · Views: 72
So I have an EVGA Z77 FTW, which as far as I can tell is ALC889.
The 889 is not the codec on your motherboard. See Post #1 to determine your codec. Use MultiBeast to install correct AppleHDA.kext.

What is it, 898? Says so in @1B, 2 but I don't have @1B, 0 for some reason. I knew it. I had it stuck in my head that it was 898 but when I looked up the documentation it all said 889 along with all the sales websites. WTF! Ok trying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back