Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion Installed, But No Sound. GA Z77-DS3H Rev 1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chucsmith

Hello,

I have finally *almost* ironed out my install of Mountain Lion (10.8.4) on my build. It all works except for the sound.

I have researched and tried many different choices in MultiBeast. I have scoured the web and downloaded various kexts that apparently solved this problem for someone, but, alas, not for me. Every configuration has had one of two effects:
  • It does no apparent harm, but it doesn't work (example: legacy ALC887/888b without DSDT)
  • It hangs up during boot (example: current ALC887/888b without DSDT)

Googling the problem leads to lots and lots of hits, so this seems to be a common problem. Unfortunately, none of the hits have led me to something that works for me.

Here is my hardware:
  • Gigabyte Z77-DS3H Rev. 1.1
  • Intel Core i7 Processor 3.10 GHz 8MB Cache LGA1155, 65W
  • Samsung SSD 840 Series 120 GB
  • Seagate 2TB SATA HD
  • Crucial 16 GB 8X2 D3 1600 DIMM C

I am using DSDT-Free Installation, Network set to Atheros, with Boot option GraphicEnabler=NO.
I dearly hope someone can point me in the right direction. I have run out of ideas. :banghead: Once I get the sound working I can put this machine in service to do real work! :)

Thanks in advance for any help!

Chuc in St. Louis

I had sound problems with my Hack. I ended up connecting my sound through HDMI and using a program called Boom to adjust the sound from the pulldown menu.. all is working great now. Hope this works for you!

I had sound problems with my Hack. I ended up connecting my sound through HDMI and using a program called Boom to adjust the sound from the pulldown menu.. all is working great now. Hope this works for you!

Thanks for the reply, Mully!

Were you dealing with bad sound or no sound? I looked at Mac Boom briefly just now and it looks like a sound booster. I don't think that is what I need. I *think* I need something that will enable sound in the first place. I have zero sound right now. And there are no output devices (or input devices) in the Sound Pane of System Preferences.

All best,
Chuc

This is the guide I used to get everything working perfectly on the same board

gotta use tiny url or it will be blocked...

http://tinyurl.com/ds3h-guide

good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back