Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
9.png
Here are a few things I've found in my personal testing in the past few days. I'm putting them all in the revised installation guide, but here you go for now. Hope this helps!

For some hardware, it may be more difficult to get to the installation screen. You may have to type extra boot arguments in the system at the boot screen you see above. You can hit arrow-down as well on the boot screen to access boot options. Here are a list of things you can try in order to troubleshoot booting to the installer. You will have to troubleshoot this part yourself according to your own hardware specs.

Black Screen, White Screen, Flickering Screen

It's your graphics or possibly your choice of graphics port. The DVI or the HDMI port are usually the most compatible for installation. Reboot and try another port or one of the following flags.

PCIRootUID=0
UniBeast has PCIRootUID=1 set by default for universal support for the majority of our recommended builds. Set it manually to 0 by typing this command at the boot screen above. For example, all UEFI motherboards with NVIDIA cards.

GraphicsEnabler=No
You can install without graphics card injection. This can solve many issues, allowing you to access the installer screen. For example, all NVIDIA 6xx cards.

-v
Verbose Mode- allowing you to see the loading of the OS instead of the Apple Boot Screen with spinning wheel.

-x
Safe Mode- loads only basic drivers. Sometimes a cure-all to reach installer.

Temporary Instructions for AMD 6xxx Graphics Cards:
There is a new issue with AMD 6xxx cards only in the Mountain Lion installation. Instead of messing around with framebuffers, we recommend using an alternate graphics card or onboard Intel HD 3000/4000 graphics for the entire process. After you're fully installed, you can switch back to your 6xxx card.

Intel HD 4000 Graphics
Set Onboard shared RAM in BIOS to 32mb or 64mb. OS X doesn't use this setting, it will use 512mb of RAM for the IGP. If you get a garbled display, you may have to unplug and re-plug the HDMI or DVI connector to get full support. We're still experimenting, but we'll get it right.

unibeast_mtlion.png

Most issues are solved permanently upon completing post-installation using Multibeast. These are only for the first step, reaching the installation screen. Our permanent revised UniBeast for Mountain Lion guide will be available soon, as soon as we're finished testing. For now, we've put out this preview.

Good luck!!

Last edited by a moderator:
For old nvidia cards, i've found that you need to replace the GeForce.kext (and maybe also NVDResman.kext) to get past the boot screen. But i still need to find a proper working driver (using 9300m)

@krishna- we DO NOT recommend altering the installer in any way. Removing kexts from the installation drive is a complete last resort.

I would strongly discourage any alteration of the installer. It's way too easy to cause other problems that you might not intend.

@krishna - I didn't need to remove the ATI6000Controller.kext from the installation USB with my 6870. I simply had to use GraphicsEnabler=No then when installation finished and I got into Mountain Lion I simply reinstalled the ATI6000Controller.kext with KextBeast even though It was already in the System/Library/Extensions folder.

4530s with 6490M graphics. Tried everything but still can't go beyond apple logo screen flick and automatic rebooting after. Turning switchable graphics of, GraphicsEnabled=No, -v, -x...Nothing. ML USB was made with UniBeast 1.5.2

Thanks for the tips

Thanks for the tips!

i have a nvidia gt 430 and core i3
i've tried all
i disconnected my graphics card, i've tried with all options and install it just reboots,

i've copied the .kext drivers to System/Library/Extension on the unibeast usb

i have the same error of this thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...n-not-get-installation-screen-unibeast-3.html

Starting Darwin x86_64
Boot Args: boot-uuid=01367B6E-6307-34D4-BC3B-C8861296B07 rd=*uuid npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=1 -v

lion just work great but i really wanna test mountain lion

Hi tony,
Thanks a lot for such a great utility for installing OS X. I've gotta problem here and i've posted in so many forums but no one seems to know how to solve it so posting here itself. Will be brief as possible. I have a Lenovo g460 with following config
Intel core i5 520m
4 gb ram
nvidia geforce 310m 512 mb
I am running 10.7.4 without any problems and everything is working. I installed 10.8 successfully using unibeast 1.5.1 and booted up w/o any problems but after a few minutes the system hangs...i can move the mouse but cant do anything and i also get artifacts. In system log i get this:
NVDA(OpenGL): Channel exception! exception type = 0xd = GR: SW Notify Error
Jul 18 20:20:49 Sankets-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: IOVendorGLContext::ReportGPURestart
Jul 18 20:20:49 Sankets-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: 0000006e
Jul 18 20:20:49 Sankets-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: 00200000 00008597 00000474 00000040
Jul 18 20:20:49 Sankets-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: 0000047e 000017b4 00000001 0000000a
Jul 18 20:20:49 Sankets-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: 00000000 00000000 00000002
Jul 18 20:20:49 Sankets-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: 00000040 00000000
Jul 18 20:20:49 Sankets-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: NVDA(OpenGL): Channel exception! exception type = 0xd = GR: SW Notify Error
NVDA(OpenGL): Channel Timeout!

I use GraphicsEnabler=No and use a dsdt to inject gfx properties. Also tried with GE=Yes but still the same. Again very sorry for posting here but i really didnt know what to do. hope the master can help me ;) Thanks a million.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back