Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion Installation Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
First thanks so much for these tools! I'm almost there, but after I ran Multibeast and try to boot, I get the Apple splash, then the screen goes white and just stays that way. I've seen that a lot people get white screens when installing, but am not seeing any solutions to the white screen after installation and multibeast... Any ideas?

MOBO: UP5 TH
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GT 640

Temporary Instructions for AMD 6xxx Graphics Cards Issue:

Could you explain a little of what the symptom is for the AMD 6xxx Graphics Card issue you mentioned? I think that would help hackintosh users with that card understand how to best find a solution for their problem... which might not have anything to do with their AMD 6xxx card.

UPDATE [working]: The issues I was having was getting the white screen when trying to install ML from USB but unpluging the power to my AMD 6870 and using the mobo HDMI port worked as instructed. Was able to access the install screens without any issues. Booted using flag -v

After doing the post install steps I switched back to my AMD 6870 and did not have any issues.

GA-Z77-UD5H
AMD 6870

Sucess

my rig GA-Z68x-UD4-B3 (F10 bios),16Gb ram,i7 2600k,MSI 6850 1GB DDR5, in this i have successfully installed lion 10.7.3, now i am trying to install MLion with unibeast ML edtion 1.5.2, it never went to installer, os i just typed "PCIRootUID=0" then it went to installer and i upgraded mu lion to ML, again i used the same command "PCIRootUID=0" to boot, used multibeast repaired permissions,user dsdt, rebooted my system in "-v", but it stucked at "Sandbox: sandboxd (100) deny mach-lookup" com.apple.coresymbolicationd, but when i use "PCIRootUID=0" it boots but graphics are not good, in about this mac it shows "Graphics Display 3 MB" any idea what the problem is. Thanks in advance.

___________update____________

some how, i managed it to work, i replaced my ati kext in S/L/E with previously worked lion kext (atifreamebuffer.kext, atisupport.kext and ati6000controller.kext) ran kext utility restarted normal now i am in Mlion with fully working.

Getting to the installer and installing ML s no problem for me. It's after multibeast and restarting is where I'm stumped. It just gets to the Apple boot screen and the swirling busy thing just keeps going and going and going with no end in sight. Tried with 2 LGA 1155 Gigabyte boards. Tried with and without User DSDT. Help!

Getting to the installer and installing ML s no problem for me. It's after multibeast and restarting is where I'm stumped. It just gets to the Apple boot screen and the swirling busy thing just keeps going and going and going with no end in sight. Tried with 2 LGA 1155 Gigabyte boards. Tried with and without User DSDT. Help!

Boot with -f ?
if it works install 3rdParty Sata.kext.
I forget it in previews install and have same trouble.

Booted with the onboard graphics in verbose mode. (Gigabyte z68xp-UD3) I am stuck at still waiting for root device. Help?
try boot with -f

I was having a similar problem. First off, when I booted off the Unibeast USB drive, I could get to the Apple logo screen with the spinning progress indicator. After that, the screen would go black and no installer would come up. I was using an nvidia 8800 GT. I swapped that card with an Ati HD3650 and was able to get to the installer and install everything just fine. After the installer finished, I was able to boot off the USB again and select the hard drive to boot from and it would boot just fine and Mountain Lion would step me through the setup and registration portions of the install. After all that, I'd run Multibeast with my DSDT and reboot. I changed the BIOS settings to boot off the hard drive. I'd get to the Apple logo screen with the spinning indicator again and it would just hang at that, constantly spinning. I let it sit all night just to see if it would do anything. I shut the computer down and put my original Nvidia card back into the system, and everything worked again. I am now able to fully boot off of the hard drive into Mountain Lion, run Multibeast to install audio and networking, and everything works like a champ. So I had to swap video cards JUST for the installation portion. Very odd, but that worked for me. For all of this, I was using the latest Multibeast, Unibeast, and Chimera versions. Before swapping video cards, I tried all of the boot flags listed in these forums, and I tried both of the DVI ports on my original Nvidia card. There is no onboard video on my motherboard, so that wasn't an option.

I have an Asus X58 Sabertooth with Core i7 950, 24GB of RAM and an older OCZ Vertex SSD. I'm using the DSDT from here for the 1304 BIOS.

Great Tips! Just what I was looking for to boot on my Dell Studio XPS 8000: PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes -v

eu tenho aqui uma dx58so com evga 460 gtx 768 i7 930 e vou intalar o Mountain Lion ele da reboot e nao instalando
gostaria de um metodo de instalação

I try H61m-D2P with 9800GT , everything doing well , but H61m-S2V with GT520 , even can't see install menu , H61m-D2P with GT520 , it can install finish , but can't get in without -X , all other devices are the same . I wil try other possible device , thks .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back