Graphics
Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD6850
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I can't seem to get Mountain Lion to install of my system with UniBeast 1.5. First I had to get past having a ATI 6850 card which cause me to be stuck at a white screen. Got past that by the Intel HD Graphics 4000 on the i7-3770 and then later on tried what others did my deleting the ati6000 kext to get into the install with the 6850. But once I format my drive and install I get a Installer Failed error no matter which graphics I use. I have tried redoing my UniBeast 1.5 installer multiple times with 3 different USB drives and 2 different downloads from the App store. I've tried installing on 3 different drives, OCZ Vertex 2 60GB SSD, a crucial M4 128GB SSD, and a Western Digital 75GB SATA drive. I have no idea what to do now. Any help would be appreciated.

Here is my specs:

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
Intel i7-3770
Corsair 16GB DDR3 RAM
crucial M4 128GB SSD
OCZ Vertex 2 60GB SSD
Western Digital 75GB SATA drive

I am attaching a copy of my installer log with all the error messages. Thank you.

Update: Still trying to get something to work for me. Only have keyboard,mouse,unibeast usb and the M4 SSD hooked to the computer right now and it still doesn't work. I think it might be a corrupt mountain lion file but I've tried 2 downloads from my account on the appstore. Or maybe all my usbs aren't working or somethig is wrong with my mac mini on which I created the ML installer. I'm tryig to download mountain lion from appstore again and hopefully it will work. Anyways, here is a section of that long installer log i attached.

ul 26 02:35:50 localhost OSInstaller[316]: PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=110 "An error occurred while extracting files from the package “Essentials.pkg”." UserInfo=0x7fcf607f1290 {NSUnderlyingError=0x7fcf607efcc0 "The operation couldn’t be completed. cpio read error: bad file format", NSFilePath=/Volumes/Mountain Lion/.OSInstallSandbox-tmp/Root, NSURL=Essentials.pkg -- file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=com.apple.pkg.Essentials, NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while extracting files from the package “Essentials.pkg”.} {
* * * * * * NSFilePath = "/Volumes/Mountain Lion/.OSInstallSandbox-tmp/Root";
* * * * * * NSLocalizedDescription = "An error occurred while extracting files from the package \U201cEssentials.pkg\U201d.";
* * * * * * NSURL = "Essentials.pkg -- file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg";
* * * * * * NSUnderlyingError = "Error Domain=BOMCopierFatalError Code=1 \"The operation couldn\U2019t be completed. cpio read error: bad file format\" UserInfo=0x7fcf607f0840 {destinationPath=/Volumes/Mountain Lion/.OSInstallSandbox-tmp/Root, offset=11099557, type=BOMCopierFatalError, sourcePath=/System/Installation/Packages/Essentials.pkg, NSLocalizedFailureReason=cpio read error: bad file format}";
* * * * * * PKInstallPackageIdentifier = "com.apple.pkg.Essentials";
* * * * }
Jul 26 02:35:50 localhost OSInstaller[316]: install:didFailWithError:Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=110 "An error occurred while extracting files from the package “Essentials.pkg”." UserInfo=0x7fcf607f1290 {NSUnderlyingError=0x7fcf607efcc0 "The operation couldn’t be completed. cpio read error: bad file format", NSFilePath=/Volumes/Mountain Lion/.OSInstallSandbox-tmp/Root, NSURL=Essentials.pkg -- file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=com.apple.pkg.Essentials, NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while extracting files from the package “Essentials.pkg”.}
Jul 26 02:35:51 localhost OSInstaller[316]: Install failed: The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.
Jul 26 02:35:52 localhost OSInstaller[316]: No system on disk Mountain Lion to revert bless
Jul 26 02:35:52 localhost OSInstaller[316]: Unable to revert bless to target or imgsrc.

Has anyone seen this before?

Attachments

• Installer Log 26-Jul-2012.txt
    34.2 KB · Views: 155
F.Y.I.

I could install 10.8 on my system and it seems working fine. It was so easy.
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H BIOS F8
Gigabyte GV-R687OC-1GD
i7-3770K

1. I have Mac Mini 2011 mid. I downloaded 10.8 and created UniBeast USB on the mac.
2. I removed GV-R687OC-1GD from M/B at first. And I connected the monitor to M/B's DVI port.(HD-4000)
3. I connected the USB on the M/B's USB2.0 port(Back side of PC case) then installed UniBeast on OSX system. (We don't need bridge helper.)
4. Then I installed MultiBeast. I select iMac 12.2.
5. After I rebooted system and confirmed the 10.8 was working fine, I connected the G/B.

Ai54

Just tried completely removong graphics card from system and still getting same error. Unibeast USB was made on mac mini early 2009 running 10.8. Had it plugged in to one of the USB 2.0 ports on the back (a red one)

Wow. Not sure what I did but I think I might have deleted the original post when I was just trying to edit it. Here is the original post:

I can't seem to get Mountain Lion to install of my system with UniBeast 1.5. First I had to get past having a ATI 6850 card which cause me to be stuck at a white screen. Got past that by the Intel HD Graphics 4000 on the i7-3770 and then later on tried what others did my deleting the ati6000 kext to get into the install with the 6850. But once I format my drive and install I get a Installer Failed error no matter which graphics I use. I have tried redoing my UniBeast 1.5 installer multiple times with 3 different USB drives and 2 different downloads from the App store. I've tried installing on 3 different drives, OCZ Vertex 2 60GB SSD, a crucial M4 128GB SSD, and a Western Digital 75GB SATA drive. I have no idea what to do now. Any help would be appreciated.

Here is my specs:

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
Intel i7-3770
Corsair 16GB DDR3 RAM
crucial M4 128GB SSD
OCZ Vertex 2 60GB SSD
Western Digital 75GB SATA drive

I am attaching a copy of my installer log with all the error messages. Thank you.

That was the original post. I added later that still trying to get this to work. I've uninstalled everything except the UniBeast USB, keyboard, mouse and M4 128GB SSD. And I'm still getting the same errors. I still don't know what is causing the problem. I'm going to post the end part of the errors below. Has anyone seen these kinds of errors before and what could be happening? I think I might have a corrupt copy of mountain lion but i've already downloaded it from the Appstore twice.

Jul 26 02:35:50 localhost OSInstaller[316]: PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=110 "An error occurred while extracting files from the package “Essentials.pkg”." UserInfo=0x7fcf607f1290 {NSUnderlyingError=0x7fcf607efcc0 "The operation couldn’t be completed. cpio read error: bad file format", NSFilePath=/Volumes/Mountain Lion/.OSInstallSandbox-tmp/Root, NSURL=Essentials.pkg -- file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=com.apple.pkg.Essentials, NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while extracting files from the package “Essentials.pkg”.} {
NSFilePath = "/Volumes/Mountain Lion/.OSInstallSandbox-tmp/Root";
NSLocalizedDescription = "An error occurred while extracting files from the package \U201cEssentials.pkg\U201d.";
NSURL = "Essentials.pkg -- file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg";
NSUnderlyingError = "Error Domain=BOMCopierFatalError Code=1 \"The operation couldn\U2019t be completed. cpio read error: bad file format\" UserInfo=0x7fcf607f0840 {destinationPath=/Volumes/Mountain Lion/.OSInstallSandbox-tmp/Root, offset=11099557, type=BOMCopierFatalError, sourcePath=/System/Installation/Packages/Essentials.pkg, NSLocalizedFailureReason=cpio read error: bad file format}";
PKInstallPackageIdentifier = "com.apple.pkg.Essentials";
}
Jul 26 02:35:50 localhost OSInstaller[316]: install:didFailWithError:Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=110 "An error occurred while extracting files from the package “Essentials.pkg”." UserInfo=0x7fcf607f1290 {NSUnderlyingError=0x7fcf607efcc0 "The operation couldn’t be completed. cpio read error: bad file format", NSFilePath=/Volumes/Mountain Lion/.OSInstallSandbox-tmp/Root, NSURL=Essentials.pkg -- file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=com.apple.pkg.Essentials, NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while extracting files from the package “Essentials.pkg”.}
Jul 26 02:35:51 localhost OSInstaller[316]: Install failed: The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.
Jul 26 02:35:52 localhost OSInstaller[316]: No system on disk Mountain Lion to revert bless
Jul 26 02:35:52 localhost OSInstaller[316]: Unable to revert bless to target or imgsrc.

Please, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Installer Log 26-Jul-2012.txt
    34.2 KB · Views: 103
It doesn't seem like others had this problem. I did finally get passed it by removing all but 1 of my sticks of RAM. (i later put everything back in the computer except for my RAM Aand it didn't get the error. So i'm assuming that was the cause.) and the install worked pass this error and i got Mountain Lion installed. I did have to use the integrated graphics to get passed the white screen when booting unibeast 1.5.1.

Now I just need to figure out why i get a kernel panic and corrupted drive wen trying to install xcode from the appstore. Need to see if its somethng causig problems with the appstore, xcode or something else. I guess it could as Paragon NFS 10 causing this. But the actual panic happens after trying to downloadxcode.

I have the same problem as yours, same in the install log (I read it but don't know how to copy the log out, how did you do it?), seems to me like software issue but ... Did you get it all figured out? Did you put back all your stuff and did they all work?

Mine is p6t deluxe v2, i7 940, 3 x 4G memory, Seagate 1G 7200 HD. SL all the way till 10.6.8 without any problem, but today when I was trying to upgrade to ML 10.8.2 I got the same problem as yours.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

I have the same problem as yours, same in the install log (I read it but don't know how to copy the log out, how did you do it?), seems to me like software issue but ... Did you get it all figured out? Did you put back all your stuff and did they all work?

Mine is p6t deluxe v2, i7 940, 3 x 4G memory, Seagate 1G 7200 HD. SL all the way till 10.6.8 without any problem, but today when I was trying to upgrade to ML 10.8.2 I got the same problem as yours.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

It's been awhile and that's the only time I copied a log file so I don't remember. I do remember that the cause of my problem ended up being a bad stick of RAM which after being replaced I haven't seen this again. I'd suggest testing all your RAM to see if that is the cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back