Register

Mountain Lion HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
IT WORKS!!! You are a genius.

Thank you very much for all your help!

Hi Toleda!
I have an Asus motherboard p8h61-Pro
A video card Geforce 8400GS (device and vendor ID: 10de0be3 (HDMI) 10de10c3 (video) you can get HDMI audio? Already follow your tutorial without further success at the time.
Audio-ALC887-VD AppleHDA with using Layout1

Geforce 8400GS (device and vendor ID: 10de0be3 (HDMI) 10de10c3 (video) you can get HDMI audio?
See Post #1, Requirements 6. OS X recognized and enabled graphics with HDMI codec of Mountain Lion HDMI Audio
The 8400GS does not have an HDMI codec. The best you can do is connect the SPDIF (2 wire) on the motherboard to the SPDIF on the graphics cards with an AppleHDA.kext edit.

Hi, I have been following this thread for a while, but I am really confused!
I have a series 5 motherboard and a radeon 5870 vga
I want to enable HDMI audio for the 5870, what exactly should I do ?
if anyone can help or put me in the right direction i would be very glad and thankful.

I want to enable HDMI audio for the 5870, what exactly should I do ?
Assuming you have installed the dsdt for your motherboard from tonymacx86 - DSDT Database

1. Make a bootable backup.
2. See Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - Award DSDT
3. Download ML_5-Series_Award_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit
4. See -Read_me_first for install details
5. MaciASL/Open dsdt.aml
6. Use the patch file as is.
7. Patch/Open hdmi_audio_ami_bios_hd3000.txt. Apply, Compile
8. Save, Install, Restart.

Your 5870 may require framebuffer edits for HDMI audio, see Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - Kext Edits in Post #1 of the thread linked above.

Thank you very much for the detailed answer, i will try and report back if it goes fine :)

I built my Hackintosh like two months ago, everything is working perfect, I've got an Asus GTX 650 video card. I installed voodoohda 2.7.4 and sound is working well with my logitech speakers. Now the interesting part; I was messing with sound settings today and I accidentally changed output setting to HDMI and to my surprise hdmi audio is working perfectly with my monitor integrated speakers, no DSDT editing, no nothing :) My mobo is a Gigabyte z77x-ud3h, asus gtx 650 video card and my monitor Asus vh236h. Is this normal? I thought DSDT editing was necessary for HDMI audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back