Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
The techniques described in this thread require AppleHDA.kext. However, if you did install AppleHDA.kext, HDMI audio would not work. There is an extra pci-bridge@0 that disables the dsdt HDMI audio edits in NPE3@3. Your best option is Voodoo, however, i have no knowledge or experience with Voodoo. I don't have any experience with Black Magic either.

I now know why I'm having a problem with the AppleHDA kext for ALC889. The SR-2 uses ALC889A for sound. Any chance of getting ALC889A to work using AppleHDA?

I now know why I'm having a problem with the AppleHDA kext for ALC889. The SR-2 uses ALC889A for sound. Any chance of getting ALC889A to work using AppleHDA?
The SR2 specs and reviews all say ALC889 not ALC 889a (relabeled ALC885). For Lion, see Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 889 on Lion - Update for the correct dsdt/HDEF. Delete All Voodoo (kext, prepane,etc.) Install MultiBeast 4.6.1/Drivers & Bootloaders/Kexts & Enablers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Patched AppleHDA/ALC889.

The SR2 specs and reviews all say ALC889 not ALC 889a (relabeled ALC885). For Lion, see Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 889 on Lion - Update for the correct dsdt/HDEF. Delete All Voodoo (kext, prepane,etc.) Install MultiBeast 4.6.1/Drivers & Bootloaders/Kexts & Enablers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Patched AppleHDA/ALC889.

Yep I did that already for the ALC889 and got no sound using either Lion or Mountain Lion. It's all shows up in Sound Sys Prefs like it works and the speaker icon turns black with a working volume control, but I get no sound at all.

i have a big problem. Tomorrow i have to make a film and i need my hackintosh but theres no sound and i want to fix the hdmi sound so we can use it, i have a ATI RADEON 5800 and ML and want to do it on myself but i have tried everything and need someones help to do it for me. It could be a big help if someone would do it for me really big help.
:)

For HDMI audio, dsdt/HDEF/iayout-id injection is required. Delete S/L/E/HDAEnabler1.kext, repair permissions and cache and restart. Verify Audio ID: 3 and onboard audio.

For the IOReg attached, was an HDMI device attached to the HDMI port? If yes, the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext needs an edit. See Lion HDMI Audio - Part 3c: Kext Edits - Intel HD3000 Revised

For HD3000 HDMi audio, the Intel BIOS is similar to the AMI BIOS. Edit the layout-id to 3 in the hdmi_audio_ami_bios_hd3000.txt as mentioned in the guide. Unfortunately, 1 of the 7 HDMI audio dsdt editing steps does not work on the Intel dsdt. See Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - AMI DSDT and use the HD3000_AMI_BIOS_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit. Follow all the steps and compile. From the ML_DSDT-HDMI_Audio_Edits_v4.1 attachment in Mountain Lion HDMI Audio, copy the Intel HD3000_GE=Y_DSDT/IGPU_HDMI_Audio_Edit - Complete edit as shown below:

Code:
    Scope (_SB.PCI0)
    {
        Device (IGPU)
        {
            Name (DSEN, Zero)
            Name (NDID, Zero)
            Name (BRTL, Zero)
            Name (DID1, 0x80000100)
            Name (DID2, 0x80000400)
            Name (DID3, 0x80000200)
            Name (DID4, 0x04)
            Name (DID5, 0x05)
            Name (DID6, Zero)
            Name (DID7, Zero)
            Name (DID8, Zero)
            Name (_ADR, 0x00020000)
            Name (OPBS, 0xFFFFFF00)
            Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
            {
                Store (Package (0x06)
                    {
                        "device-id", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                             0x26, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00
                        }, 
                        "AAPL,snb-platform-id", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                             0x10, 0x00, 0x03, 0x00
                        }, 
                        "hda-gfx", 
                        Buffer (0x0A)
                        {
                            "onboard-1"
                        }
                    }, Local0)
                DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                Return (Local0)
            }
            Method (OPBA, 0, NotSerialized)

Compile, save and install per the guide.

Reply with the edited dsdt and IOReg.

Hi Toleda,
thanks for infos;
I edited the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext and now the av-signal-type and connector-type are both 8.
I deleted the HDAEnabler1.kext but how can I verify if Audio ID is 3? and what does it mean "layout-id injection is required" ? onboard audio is OK.
thanks again :)

Attachments

• new_macminiIOReg.zip
    346.7 KB · Views: 72
I edited the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext and now the av-signal-type and connector-type are both 8.
I deleted the HDAEnabler1.kext but how can I verify if Audio ID is 3? and what does it mean "layout-id injection is required" ? onboard audio is OK.
System Information/Audio/Intel High Definition Audio/Audio ID:
Also IOReg/HDEF/layout-id

Your Audio ID:1, should be 3.
Edit dsdt/HDEF/layout-id to 0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00. Compile, Save, Install, Restart.

toleda, thank you very much. Your guides are very clear and useful even for noobies.

I have Asus P8B75-LX motherboard with VIA VT1708S audio chip. My graphics is Intel HD 3000 on Core i3 2105.
Done DSDT cleaning, patching and change layout-id to 0x03. But still no HDMI :(

Is it because of my VIA ?

Thanks!

I have Asus P8B75-LX motherboard with VIA VT1708S audio chip. My graphics is Intel HD 3000 on Core i3 2105.
Done DSDT cleaning, patching and change layout-id to 0x03. But still no HDMI
The only way to answer your question is to see what you have done. Attach you edited dsdt and a copy of IOReg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back