Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little lost here. I see PEG0@1 -> IOPCI2PCI2PCIBridge -> PEGP@0 (see attached screenshot)

Are you able to tell anything from that screen shot?
The screenshot shows the native (unedited dsdt). The PEGP that is in the native dsdt is incorrect. It is removed and PEG0 is renamed to PEGP. You opened the patch file and did not apply it. It is important to do each step. No edits are required to the patch file. This is as simple as open the patch file, apply, compile, save and install.

Ok, that makes sense. Not sure why I thought editing the patch file would be necessary.

So previously I did apply the patch, compile, save dsdt.aml in the Extra folder, and when I rebooted I didn't see the HDMI output as an option in the sound preferences. Would it be useful to see the patched dsdt then? Or another extract from IOReg?

F.

Ok, that makes sense. Not sure why I thought editing the patch file would be necessary.

So previously I did apply the patch, compile, save dsdt.aml in the Extra folder, and when I rebooted I didn't see the HDMI output as an option in the sound preferences. Would it be useful to see the patched dsdt then? Or another extract from IOReg?
Verify the the dsdt is edited as described:
Verify Edits - DSDT Editor
1. DSDT Editor/Find HDEF (1x), represented as Device (HDEF)
2. DSDT Editor/Find PEGP (1x), represented as Device (PEGP)
3. DSDT Editor/Find GFX0 (1x), represented as Device (GFX0)
4. DSDT Editor/Find HDAU (1x), represented as Device (HDAU)
5. DSDT Editor/Find IGPU (1x), Next, until represented as Device (IGPU)

Install the edited dsdt, restart, reply with the edited dsdt and the IOReg with the edited dsdt.

Is it possible to have onboard audio and HDMI audio through graphics card at the same time and switch between each one while in the OS?

I like to watch videos through my TV sometimes and it's a hassle to have to switch the audio jack each time.
Thanks!

Is it possible to have onboard audio and HDMI audio through graphics card at the same time and switch between each one while in the OS?

I like to watch videos through my TV sometimes and it's a hassle to have to switch the audio jack each time.
Thanks!
Yes. The selection is made in System Preferences/Sound/Output. A new ML feature, plugging in headphones takes priority, even over HDMI audio.

Yes. The selection is made in System Preferences/Sound/Output. A new ML feature, plugging in headphones takes priority, even over HDMI audio.

Awesome thanks! Not knowing this was the main thing keeping me from diving into HDMI audio but now that I know I will probably be attempting this tonight!

I searched and found 1x for HDEF, PEGP, GFX0, HDAU, and IGPU. I compiled the DSDT, put it in the Extra directory, and restarted, but still didn't see HDMI as a sound output option.

I've attached a .zip with the edited IOReg and DSDT files.

Thanks,

F.

Attachments

• edited_dsdt_ioreg.zip
    435.1 KB · Views: 198
I searched and found 1x for HDEF, PEGP, GFX0, HDAU, and IGPU. I compiled the DSDT, put it in the Extra directory, and restarted, but still didn't see HDMI as a sound output option.

I've attached a .zip with the edited IOReg and DSDT files.
A dsdt.txt file is not helpful, dsdt.aml is best or dsdt.dsl if there is a compile problem. Delete the enabler (S/L/E/HDAEnabler887.kext) and fix permissions and cache. Your dsdt says you are using the ML_AppleHDA_v2.3.0/layout-id:1 while IOReg says you are using L_AppleHDA_v2.2.0/layout-id:377. Fix the layout-id or install the correct AppleHDA.kext.

Wow, I'm really confused.

So as far as the audio kext's go, after my initial OSX install, I ran Multibeast and selected 'Audio- Realtek ALC8XX - Without DSDT - ALC887' but I think I may have accidentally selected both legacy and current at the same time (not sure if that's why you saw references to two different versions.) Analog sound was working well, but obviously not HDMI audio.

If I wanted to start clean, which Multibeast option should I choose for sound?

Thanks for your patience -- with every post I realize that I knew less than I did the with the previous post.

f.

Wow, I'm really confused.

So as far as the audio kext's go, after my initial OSX install, I ran Multibeast and selected 'Audio- Realtek ALC8XX - Without DSDT - ALC887' but I think I may have accidentally selected both legacy and current at the same time (not sure if that's why you saw references to two different versions.) Analog sound was working well, but obviously not HDMI audio.

If I wanted to start clean, which Multibeast option should I choose for sound?
MultiBeast 5.0.2/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/With DSDT/ALC887 (Don't select Legacy).
With that AppleHDA, edit dsdt/HDEF/layout-id from 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 to 0x77, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00.
Compile, install and then restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back