Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did you try? What happened?

Ive tried differant setting within multibeast and i've downloaded and "used" the DSDT for my mother which says "enables HDMI audio". However Im not sure if the DSDT is actually getting used. I put it on my desktop, rename it DSDT.aml, and select the userDSDT within multibeast.

Thanks for the quick reply...

Edit, I just tried selecting the userDSDT and leaving everything else blank and got lines on my screen. I had to reinstall OSX. If you can guide me through the use of DSDT or link me to a page that explains what is suppose to happen I am willing to give anything a shot. Thanks again.

Ive tried differant setting within multibeast and i've downloaded and "used" the DSDT for my mother which says "enables HDMI audio". However Im not sure if the DSDT is actually getting used. I put it on my desktop, rename it DSDT.aml, and select the userDSDT within multibeast.
It is likely the display was a different resolution than the graphics system expected; simply unplug the HDMI connector and plug it back in.

Alright, after a reinstall and in multibeast I selected the ALC892 in both "with" DSDT and "without" DSDT. It now shows an option for digital sound but Im still not getting any sound.

Alright, after a reinstall and in multibeast I selected the ALC892 in both "with" DSDT and "without" DSDT. It now shows an option for digital sound but Im still not getting any sound.
If you don't see HDMI, you don't have HDMI audio. Read Post #1. Attach a copy of IOReg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back