Macbook pro retina
CPU
intel i7
Graphics
onboard with i7
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Ok, so I followed the steps you outlined in your last post, and got back to a point where analog audio devices show up as output options, but still no HDMI (as opposed to no devices at all). Part of that was editing the DSDT layout-id to 0x77, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00, and I verified that it now matches IOReg.

I've attached a zip of my currently installed DSDT.aml and an export from IOReg. Not sure where to go from here.

Thanks,

f.

Attachments

• aml_ioreg.zip
    507.2 KB · Views: 139

toleda

Motherboard
Asus Maximus VII Impact
CPU
Core i7-4770K
Graphics
RX 560 + HD4600
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 512K
  2. LC
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok, so I followed the steps you outlined in your last post, and got back to a point where analog audio devices show up as output options, but still no HDMI (as opposed to no devices at all). Part of that was editing the DSDT layout-id to 0x77, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00, and I verified that it now matches IOReg.
It's time to edit AppleHDA.kext for GT 210 HDMI audio. See Lion HDMI Audio - Part 3b: Kext Edits - Nvidia.

Motherboard
Macbook pro retina
CPU
intel i7
Graphics
onboard with i7
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
So I'm reading the nvidia_gt4xx_5xx_case_studies.pdf document, and I've come to the line where it says:
a. NVDANV50Hal.kext/Contents/Info.plist
10de 0ca3 present, no editing required, GraphicsEnabler=Yes

This is under the GT 240 section, and I have a GT 210, but it's the closest match I see, so I'm assuming this is the right section. When it says "10de 0ca3 present, no editing required", does that mean I should be searching for that in the NVDANV50Hal.kext using HexEdit, and confirming that it does in fact exist? I can't find those characters in info.plist, but I'm wondering if I should be expecting a different string because my device ID is different?

In system information, I see "Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)" and "Device ID: 0x0a65". Not sure if that's relevant to this or not.

f.

toleda

Motherboard
Asus Maximus VII Impact
CPU
Core i7-4770K
Graphics
RX 560 + HD4600
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 512K
  2. LC
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This is under the GT 240 section, and I have a GT 210, but it's the closest match I see, so I'm assuming this is the right section. When it says "10de 0ca3 present, no editing required", does that mean I should be searching for that in the NVDANV50Hal.kext using HexEdit, and confirming that it does in fact exist? I can't find those characters in info.plist, but I'm wondering if I should be expecting a different string because my device ID is different?
You are way off track. Everything you quoted is for a GT 240 only. Close does not apply. Focus on the GT 210 HDMI device_id edits required in AppleHDA.kext.

Motherboard
Macbook pro retina
CPU
intel i7
Graphics
onboard with i7
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I'm trying to figure out where to find the device_id's for the 210. Can you point me in the right direction? I found a few other people mentioning getting this card working, but I didn't see the values used explicitly posted.

f.

toleda

Motherboard
Asus Maximus VII Impact
CPU
Core i7-4770K
Graphics
RX 560 + HD4600
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 512K
  2. LC
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm trying to figure out where to find the device_id's for the 210. Can you point me in the right direction? I found a few other people mentioning getting this card working, but I didn't see the values used explicitly posted.
As the guide states, they are in IOReg. No need to make this harder. I've never done this before; the correct answers are:
AppleHDAController binary:
Find: de 10 e2 0b
Replace:
de 10 e3 0b

AppleHDA binary:
Find: 0a 00 de 10
Replace: 0b 00 de 10

Contrary to what you've read, I don't know of anyone getting the 210 HDMI audio to work. Hopefully, this will work.

Motherboard
H67m-d2-b3
CPU
Intel Core i5-2300
Graphics
EVGA GTX 550 TI
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Where can I find 6 series award hdmi audio dsdt editing?

Motherboard
Macbook pro retina
CPU
intel i7
Graphics
onboard with i7
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Thanks again for the help -- I'll keep trying. Maybe I should ask another question while I'm at it, in case I run into a dead end with this card -- is there a particular video card that you would recommend on which HDMI audio is known to work, and would be less of a wildcard than the GT 210?

f.

Status
Not open for further replies.