Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - AMI DSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have attached the new edited dsdt and ioreg
The dsdt has no HDMI audio edits. The IOReg shows working 887 audio (because of the enabler). When the dsdt is working, remove the enabler and fix permissions and cache. Verify the edits before attaching the next edited dsdt and IOReg.

My mistake Toleda - sorry...

Not back until thursday, but I just assembled a new dsdt from here and confirmed the edits had been made this time,

Not sure how I managed to not patch the original last time!

Will get back to you with ioreg when i return home...

cheers Stu

Progress! Evening Toleda,

Applied the edits and the DSDT compiled smoothly, cleared HDAEnabler1.kext and fixed permission - rebooted

At first I could see it in system report but not in preferences

So then I manually changed the Layout ID to 3 and I now have HDMI audio, you are a genius and thank you for your help

There is also optical out in preferences and I presume this is just cosmetic? I will be using the onboard 2 pin jumper for spdif to my home made DAC when I get a chance. Previously I have used optical from a different motherboard. Because the wires are already laid I may experiment with buying an optical back plate and just feeding the missing 5Vcc from somewhere else on the motherboard. Am I right in thinking that Optical and Spdif would be the same signal from the motherboard, the only difference being that optical connector would need powering?

I have attached the new ioreg and dsdt just to be sure, and thanks again

cheers Stuart

Attachments

• HDMI Edited DSDT and ioreg.zip
    406.1 KB · Views: 163
There is also optical out in preferences and I presume this is just cosmetic? I will be using the onboard 2 pin jumper for spdif to my home made DAC when I get a chance. Previously I have used optical from a different motherboard. Because the wires are already laid I may experiment with buying an optical back plate and just feeding the missing 5Vcc from somewhere else on the motherboard. Am I right in thinking that Optical and Spdif would be the same signal from the motherboard, the only difference being that optical connector would need powering?
The optical out works. You can substitute 2 wire SPDIF for optical, see Customizing the Optimized Lion AppleHDA.kext, 7. Substitute SPDIF-2 Wire Output.. The ML AppleHDA.kext has interesting new features, hidden and sometimes compressed files. You need to search for the utility to uncompress and compress zlib files. In Platforms.xml.zlib, edit PathMap 392. Enjoy.

Thanks for the heads up on that!

So currently the 2 pin header on the ds3h can not be used with co-ax or optical to a dac?

I would have to edit AppleHDA v2.3.0 to get any signal from the header?

or am I wrong?

Stuart

Thanks for the heads up on that!

So currently the 2 pin header on the ds3h can not be used with co-ax or optical to a dac?

I would have to edit AppleHDA v2.3.0 to get any signal from the header?

or am I wrong?

Stuart
Use Tosilnk for optical to whatever
No
Yes

Thanks Toleda,

made a well deserved donation to the site, a great resource!!

Stu

Hi Toleda,
The patch in the kit: HD 3000 graphics on 7 series is this:

Code:
Device (MEI)\n
{\n
    Name (_ADR, 0x00160000)\n
    Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
    {\n
        Store (Package (0x02)\n

{\n
                "device-id", \n
                Buffer (0x04)\n
                {\n
                    0x3a, 0x1a, 0x00, 0x00\n
                }, \n
            }, Local0)\n
        DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))\n
        Return (Local0)\n
    }\n
}\n
I think it should be this:

Code:
Device (MEI)\n
{\n
    Name (_ADR, 0x00160000)\n
    Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
    {\n
        Store (Package (0x02)\n

{\n
                "device-id", \n
                Buffer (0x04)\n
                {\n
                    0x3a, 0x1C, 0x00, 0x00\n
                }, \n
            }, Local0)\n
        DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))\n
        Return (Local0)\n
    }\n
}\n

I.e. device ID for the MEI driver in the SNBFB kext needs to be 3a,1c not 3a, 1a.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back