Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - AMI DSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
joncas, I have edited the DSDT with all the codes for HD4000 A/V. But i am not sure the inbuilt audio for your motherboard. Find the right kext.

Wow ! Thank you so much !

(With the HDMI or DisplayPort audio I think I'll forsake getting the onboard audio chip to work ...)

Hi Toleda, i've been trying all night with your guide but cannot find PEG01 etc on my ioreg file and also cannot find the audio. I've uploaded my ioreg and dsdt so please could you have a look for me and modify if possible. In all honesty i've tried all night and i've also looked around other forums. I just want audio enabled from my gtx480 via hdmi if possible.
1. add dsdt/HDEF, see ML: How to Add or Edit dsdt/HDEF. Note: Xonar is not supported in OS X.
2. edit/hdmi_audio_ami_5_series_amd-nvidia_discrete_graphics.txt
2a. Find P0P1/Replace NPE3. See screenshot
3. DSDT Editor/Apply edited hdmi_audio_ami_5_series_amd-nvidia_discrete_graphics.txt per guide.

Screen Shot 2012-10-01 at 9.17.21 AM.png

Excuse me
May I ask the
be able to

"AAPL,ig-platform-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x0A, 0x00, 0x66, 0x01
},

Replaced

"AAPL,ig-platform-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x05, 0x00, 0x62, 0x01
},

Please forgive my broken English
Yes. However, you will disable HDMI audio with the 05 framebuffer.

Hi everybody!

After several weeks reading you guys and trying everything that I read, I have decided to post my problem.
I think I have followed all the steps that toleda said but I'm going to make a quickly resume:
  • Install ML 10.8.2
  • Make everything work with Multibeast (also MacMini 5.1 definition)
  • Install my PCI Audigy 2 ZS (I have found the kext). Restart.
  • Have two video cards working HD3000 (HDMI plugged to a TV) + GTX 285 (Only has two DVI, one DVI plugged to my monitor), for making both cards working I made a "org.chameleon.Boot.plist" edition that is attached. Restart.
  • Extract my DSDT with DSDT Editor, apply ami_clean_compile.txt and hdmi_audio_ami_efi_hd3000.txt, compile, save as DSDT.aml in desktop.
  • Run Multibeast, check the "Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/Audio/Realtek/With DSDT/ALC892" then restart.

Now I'm here, no HDMI at System Preferences/Sound/Output or Applications/Utilities/Midi (Screenshot 1) but I can see the HDMI Output at System Information. (Screenshot 2)
At S/L/E there is no HDAEnabler.kext neither HDA892.kext stuff. Only AppleHDA.kext

My system specs are:
  • i7 2600k
  • Asus P8Z68-V Pro (W/ 3402 modified BIOS)
  • GTX 285 (PCIE - Dual DVI)
  • SB Audigy 2 ZS (PCI)

Looking for advice :)
Thank you very much!

Attachments

• Asus P8Z68-V Pro - robuyo.zip
    820.8 KB · Views: 82
Now I'm here, no HDMI at System Preferences/Sound/Output or Applications/Utilities/Midi (Screenshot 1) but I can see the HDMI Output at System Information. (Screenshot 2)
Missed this:
2. HD3000/HD4000 HDMI audio
2a. Audio ID: 3 for 3/5/6 port onboard audio

edit dsdt/HDEF/layout-id from 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 to
0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00.
Compile, install and restart. Reply with new IOReg.

I've got a kernel panic before can try anything :S

Yesterday night I post my problem and today when I came back home from work to change the Audio-ID my system did not boot up. I've got Kernel Panic without touching anything xD
I am having the same problems with my CCC partition Backup... tomorrow I will try to fix it :S

Missed this:
2. HD3000/HD4000 HDMI audio
2a. Audio ID: 3 for 3/5/6 port onboard audio

edit dsdt/HDEF/layout-id from 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 to
0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00.
Compile, install and restart. Reply with new IOReg.

Here am I again, I fix my kernel panic problem re-installing bios with the 3402 modified version (before the kernel panic I've got that bios).

So, I've edited the layout-id and nothing happened except another HDMI output appeared at System information.

I attached the new IOReg and a screenshot.

Any idea? :confused:

Attachments

• robuyo 19-10.zip
    564.6 KB · Views: 94
Haha, my fault toleda...
I have forgotten to delete HDAEnabler.kext....

Now I have HDMI audio and everything works fine :D:D:D
Thank you very much for your time and patience!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back