Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion: HD3000/HD4000 with AMD or Nvidia, Working Together

Status
Not open for further replies.
IOReg is correct. Safari/Flash problem; only suggestion, fresh install

all is fine ? good to read, but a fresh install ? ohh nooooo :(

in itunes i have the same problem, played videos full of artifacts - system hangs after 3 sec

i try a fresh install next days

thx.

omg ... :( big problem now...

i can't install a fresh mavericks.

so i created a unibeast stick and plug it in
after restart i get bootloader error memory allocation error 0xdeadbeef gui.c line 505

i think "ok..." there was a problem by creating the stick

i restarted without stick ... the same error occurs ;( know i stuck at this big problem.

has anybody ideas what is line 505 in gui.c ?

greetings.

Hi Toleda,

I'm a little confused by your first post in regards to a Nvidia 5xx and HD4000. I thought that the 5xx cards needed Graphics Enabler=Yes?

System:

Z77X-UD5H
Nvidia 570

2 monitors connected to video card - working fine
1 monitor connected to motherboard - not working

Here is what I have done (steps):

1. Set Init Display to Onboard
2. Set Onboard to Always Enable
3. Set VRAM to 64mb
4. Boot args = GraphicsEnabler=Yes
RESULT: No boot - graphics fail to load. OSX Swap-on happens as verified by -v, but no desktop loads.

1. Set Init Display to Onboard
3. Set VRAM to 64mb
4. Boot args = GraphicsEnabler=Yes IGPEnabler=Yes
RESULT: No boot - graphics fail to load. OSX Swap-on happens as verified by -v, but no desktop loads.

1. Set Init Display to Auto
3. Set VRAM to 64mb
4. Boot args = GraphicsEnabler=Yes
RESULT: Boots fine on 2 monitors connected to GTX570, but nothing on monitor connected to motherboard.

Any ideas?

Hi Toleda,
I'm a little confused by your first post in regards to a Nvidia 5xx and HD4000. I thought that the 5xx cards needed Graphics Enabler=Yes?
That was always my understanding, but you can try it with GE=No and IGP=Yes

Any ideas?

Well first of all using both GE=Yes and IGP=Yes is redundant. IGP=YES exists so that you can skip nvidia injection for nvidia cards that need GE=NO while still injecting IntelHD graphics. Next, IGPU VRAM should be set to 32MB for your board and CPU with default igplatform set. Are you using a DSDT injection for your iGPU? I think you should include iojones data, otherwise its hard to guess whats going on.

g\

Hello,

I wanted to say thank you to you Toleda, I used your other guide to enable HDMI Audio and then I looked at this guide because at first did only get HDMI audio working on my GTX 660 Ti. On HD4000, sound did not work and screen resolution was not correct. Finally, it was due to bad AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext and AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext that I've downloaded over Internet. I restored this 2 kexts from genuine ones coming from my iMac and now I've got sound over both HDMI and even Airplay mirroring to my set-top box. I did not expect this much!

Thank you very much for your guides! It really helped me
Capture d’écran 2014-02-03 à 16.53.01.jpgCapture d’écran 2014-02-03 à 16.51.47.pngCapture d’écran 2014-02-03 à 16.51.34.png

Edit, some info for people having trouble:
MB: Gibabyte GA-Z77MX-D3H TH (Thunderbolt ports not supported with my DSDT)
CPU: Core i5 3570K 3,4Ghz (with HD 4000)
GFX: Gigabyte GTX660 Ti 2GB

I enabled Integrated graphics in BIOS with 64MB, made it primary, booted with no DSDT (else Kernel Panic at boot with both displays), got default DSDT from MaciASL, patched for a generic Series 7 from PJALM repository as my motherboard was not listed, then applied UEFI Clean and Desktop-HD4K from Toleda repository. Saved the DSDT as DSDT.aml in Extra. And now it works! I'm happy, it took the whole day to make it work, but now, it works and I learned a lot about DSDT edits by the way and even got sleep working on my Hackintosh, even with the power button, I'm so happy!

Are you using a DSDT injection for your iGPU?
g\

I am not using DSDT injection, as I have a DSDT free board. I was under the impression that *if* the settings are set right in the boot args and BIOS, no injection is required.

**EDIT** With booting with PCIRootUID=1, I can boot, but only have 1024x768 on the HD4000 screen and no acceleration. Video card screens work fine - 1920x1080p, but not HD4000. This is with 64mb or 32mb in the BIOS.

II thought that the 5xx cards needed Graphics Enabler=Yes?

1 monitor connected to motherboard - not working
In ML and Mavericks, my GTX 570 is fully enabled with GE=No. Either is fine.

Your issue is HD4000 injection. The first post was written before Chimera supported IGPEnabler and the only way to get HD4000 recognized was dsdt edits. With Chimera/IGPEnabler, dsdt edits are not required as long as IGPEnabler=Yes. The first post has describes both dsdt edits or IGPEnabler, install one technique.

In ML and Mavericks, my GTX 570 is fully enabled with GE=No. Either is fine.

Your issue is HD4000 injection. The first post was written before Chimera supported IGPEnabler and the only way to get HD4000 recognized was dsdt edits. With Chimera/IGPEnabler, dsdt edits are not required as long as IGPEnabler=Yes. The first post has describes both dsdt edits or IGPEnabler, install one technique.

Just to make sure - should I have VRAM at 32mb or 64mb?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back