Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion: HD3000/HD4000 with AMD or Nvidia, Working Together

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to be working.

Installed nVidia Quadro NVS 295, plugged Apple Cinema Display in NVS, BIOS primary display IGFX, GraphicsEnabler=No and everything's working (attached ioreg acd in NVS).

USB audio and iSight camera working (Apple Cinema Display).

Still my initial problem remains: Apple Cinema Display doesn't work with integrated graphics via Mini DisplayPort. I assume it's not related to hdmi, simply I guess it's not supported by Zotac Itx Wifi board (it doesn't work in bios nor in Windows 7 and Windows 8).

Beside this, do I need anything else to do?
The NVS does not have an HDMI audio codec. If you plug your TV into one of the motherboard HDMI ports, you will have HDMI audio. DP is clearly a Zotac problem. A Nvidia 5xx or 6xx graphics card with DP will work with the ACD.

Yes, I tried with that setting but it doesn't work (gray screen on HD3000 and nothing on the nvidia card) that's why I have to set it to 1 :(
Are you suing a dsdt? Boot -v and reply with where the boot stops.

Are you suing a dsdt? Boot -v and reply with where the boot stops.

No DSDT. I was actually thinking about going back to it to see if it helps.

This is the error that shows up:

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    455.1 KB · Views: 376
Graphics didn't show up. Try the dsdt edits; the HDMI audio edits inject the device_id and framebuffer.

Any chance you could help me create the DSDT file? I don't see the UEFI DSDT under the database.

I used Chameleon Wizard to extract the files but after that I'm pretty much clueless.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    39.4 KB · Views: 90
Use the HD3000_AMI_EFI_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit from Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - AMI DSDT.

Thank you. I was able to compile a DSDT for my motherboard and yes the HD3000 gets recognized but here's the only way I'm able to boot:

1. GE=No & PCIRootUID=1
2. GE=Yes & PCIRootUID=0

Any other combination gives me the gray screen on one screen and nothing on the other.

Sadly still no Airplay. Same error as before. Here's part of the diagnostic report:

Code:
Process:         coreaudiod [179]
Path:            /usr/sbin/coreaudiod
Identifier:      coreaudiod
Version:         253.17
Code Type:       X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:  launchd [1]
User ID:         202

Date/Time:       2013-01-20 01:39:19.548 -0500
OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.8.2 (12C60)
Report Version:  10

Crashed Thread:  8  Dispatch queue: com.apple.videotoolbox.compressionQueue

Exception Type:  EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
*** CFRetain() called with NULL ***

And I'm attaching the current ioreg file as well.

It just seems airplay doesn't want to work on my machine. I don't know what else to try. If nothing else works I'm just going to give up lol.

Thank you again for your help!

Attachments

• qb84-with-DSDT.zip
    463.6 KB · Views: 108
Well this just isn't right. :|
Boot with:
Code:
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0 PCIRootUID=0</string>
Now both screens are active, but the 1920x1080 display on the HD4000 DVI port is stuck at 1024x768 (note the kext not loaded).

Attachments

• displays.jpg
    displays.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 241
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back