Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion: HD3000/HD4000 with AMD or Nvidia, Working Together

Status
Not open for further replies.
My board has three port: two hdmi (port 0x05 AppleIntelFramebuffer@0, and port 0x06 AppleIntelFramebuffer@1) and a Mini DisplayPort (port 0x07 AppleIntelFramebuffer@2).
Now you have to check in Ioreg/IGPU@2/AppleIntelFramebuffer@#(0 or 1 or 2 where the display0 is connected), you can find this two voices:
av-signal-type
connector-type
as you can see in the attached screenshot

For HDMI ports correct values are
av-signal-type ----->08 00 00 00
connector-type ---->00 08 00 00

For MiniDisplayPort correct values are
av-signal-type ----->08 00 00 00
connector-type ---->00 04 00 00

My board showed wrong codes
Editing hex codes of AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelFramebufferCapri make them right.:thumbup:

toleda, where is the right place to inject the correct values for av-signal-type and connector-type for all the FB in the DSDT? I am using HD4000. What are the correct values for DVI-D and DVI-A (for VGA beamers or displays via DVI adaptor )?

Thank you toleda!

ok, i understand. But can't you pass the right codes to the framebuffer kext via DSDT injection? The right mapping would resist an eventual update of AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext...?!?
Missed your post. I have successfully tested device property injection for HD4000 HDMI audio. Unfortunately. all other Chimera injected parameters are ignored making the approach very difficult to implement and maintain.

How to edit AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext in order to enable D-SUB port for HD4000 integrated?
What I need to check on ioreg and find/replace in binary capri? Not on my board of course, but soon I'll have to deal with it

How to edit AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext in order to enable D-SUB port for HD4000 integrated?
VGA is not supported, a DP2VGA adapter is suggested. My HD4000 MB does not have the connector nor do I have a VGA display; no idea what IOReg would show. This user says HD4000/VGA works (Post # 169) Official HD 4000 Support - Page 17

I saw that already, I was hoping you have more info, though.
One more question: what about hex values for DVI port? Anyway, as soon as I'll have the board, I'll post results. Thanks

VGA is not supported, a DP2VGA adapter is suggested. My HD4000 MB does not have the connector nor do I have a VGA display; no idea what IOReg would show. This user says HD4000/VGA works (Post # 169) Official HD 4000 Support - Page 17

I say it might work, no guarantees. My experience is this. If I only connect a VGA-display, the edit of AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext in post #169 works. If I connect a VGA-display and a HDMI-display, it works partially:
- when I boot the computer with both displays connected, the HDMI-display is okay, the VGA-display is garbled
- when I boot the computer with only the HDMI-display connected and plug in the VGA-display after booting, both displays are okay
- when I boot the computer with only the VGA-display connected and plug in the HDMI-display after booting, both displays are okay.

What I noticed is when I booted with both displays connected, the HDMI-display used DisplayPipe A and the VGA-display used DisplayPipe B (I can't remember if A was 0 or 1, but if A was 0 then B was 1 or vice versa). On the other hand, when I booted with only one display connected and connected the other display after booting, the HDMI-display used DisplayPipe B and the VGA-display used DisplayPipe A. My conclusion was that DURING BOOT the wrong DisplayPipes were assigned to the displays, they should be assigned the other way around. Because I didn't find a way to correct that, I stopped my research.

I didn't want to unplug and plug in connectors all the time, so I've bought a DP2VGA adapter a couple of months ago. It works okay. I'm lucky that my mobo has a DisplayPort and that DP2VGA adapters exist.

I have some question with this topic: I have P67A-UD4-B3 motherboard, with 3770k, and a 460 GTX. I want that, trhe discrete 460 GTX works together with the HD4000.

What must I do ?

Thanks!

I'm having trouble getting HD3000 and EVGA GeForce GTX 650ti SSC 2048MB GDDR5 (02G-P4-3653-KR) to play together in ML 10.8.2. GA-H67N-USB3-B3 F7 w/ 16GB RAM i7-2700K CPU.

I made the appropriate changes to BIOS (Advanced BIOS Features=>Init Display First: Onboard & Onboard VGA: Always Enable).
UniBeast Installer ML 10.8.2 Chimera v1.11.1 r1394. Installed GeForce 650ti.

Power on, HD3000 connected to 1920 x 1200 DVI monitor via HDMI w/ adapter (during the course of testing, tried both HDMI mobo connections). GTX650ti connected to HDTV via (w/ adapters) mini-HDMI and both DVI connectors.

On Chimera boot screen entered "GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0" (without quotes) C/R. Apple screen w/ spinning wheel for a while (normal) then white screen (not normal- normal boot w/ HD3000 only, Apple screen w/ spinning wheel followed by white screen w/ mouse cursor followed by desktop). After white screen, all disk activity ceases, no further activity HD3000 screen remains white and none of the GTX 650 ti outputs ever produce any signal to the HDTV.

Tried all iterations of GraphicsEnabler= & PCIRootUID=

"GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=0" First get Chimera Error (ERROR: dcbtable_version is 0x3 or similar & ERROR: nVidia ROM Patching Failed!, as you mentioned in the thread) very briefly, then Apple screen w/ spinning wheel for a while (normal) then white screen. After white screen, all disk activity ceases, no further activity HD3000 screen remains white and none of the GTX 650 ti outputs ever produce any signal to the HDTV. - The only difference is the presence of the Chimera error.

HD3000 screen finishes with white screen and no mouse cursor for all iterations of GraphicsEnabler= & PCIRootUID=.

GTX 650ti never produces any signal to HDTV throughout all iterations tested. The fan spins. Yes, the 6-pin PCIExpress power cable is connected.

Assumption 1: I believe that all options entered at command line prior to ML booting will override what is in org.chameleon.boot.plist- please let me know if this assumption is incorrect. The difference between GE=Y and GE=N (the Chimera error) leads me to believe this is true.

Assumption 2: From what I've read ML 10.8.2 has kext to support this board, even if it is not the latest and the best. Let me know if this assumption is incorrect.

You don't mention anything about doing any edits to the DSDT.aml; only mention of DSDT is to use one from the tmx86 DSDT vault. Mine is something like a year old... maybe it does not have the correct edits in it?

Attached is a copy of the console message log. The period to view is 2/14/13 - 3:20:34.000 PM thru 3:21:43.812 PM - after that is a boot with only HD3000 enabled and the GTX 650ti removed from the computer. Note that NVDAGK100HAL loaded and registered. If I'm not mistaken this is the kext the GTX 650ti would use, and indicates the system recognizes that the card is installed.

Thoughts, advice, etc. appreciated.

Attachments

• GTX650ti HD3000 Console Log.txt
    33.7 KB · Views: 188
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back