Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion - CMOS reset after Sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
i allready have that in my plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x3000 darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Same here, MultiBeast's "AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset" worked in 10.7.x but not in 10.8.

I've got the same system, and the Multibeast patch DIDN'T work for me either...

Will have to try the manual patch...

I can confirm it works on GA-H67N-USB3-U3. I get the following when updating the caches:

Kernel file /mach_kernel does not contain requested arch: i386

I 'm sure this ok since the kernel is 64-bit.

Please test the following:

Make backup of the folder /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext

"sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x89\xd8|\xeb\x30\x89\xd8|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC"

Then update kernel caches:

"sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel; sudo kextcache -system-caches"

This solved my CMOS reset problem (thanks!) but my system still reboots when I wake it from sleep. Any ideas there?

edit; Nevermind, I checked the "Start up automatically after a power failure" button and that did the trick.

Hmm, I have tried the MultiBeast CMOS patch, the manual patch from terminal and the patched kext from 10.7.
Nothing works :(

I still get a CMOS reset after reboot..... what can I be doing wrong?

I had same issue with CMOS reset in Mountain Lion but I've fixed that issue with the kext file from snow leopard that somebody had uploaded. (I tried uploading file for others but it failed) It now restarts after sleep with no issue.

However I've noticed something else strange after sleep which makes me think theres more issues with sleep other than just the CMOS reset. When I boot Minecraft before sleep I typically get FPS of anything from 120-200. After sleep if struggles to get to 80 FPS. When I run Geekbench before and after sleep though I get extremely close scores.

Also I notice that my temperature gauge app doesn't boot automaticaly after sleep and restart but does if I don't sleep and restart.

Does anybody have any insight as to why this is happening? I'm not bothered about apps booting but am slightly worried that after waking from sleep my CPU or GPU or something is being limited?

Anyone else noticed similar performance issues after sleep?

This is my first Hackintosh build just a few days old and this is my only issue really other than HDMI Audio which i'm not attempting the manual fix just going to use DVI and Audio leads seperate. I plan on doing a build post with hardware and solutions to problems but really want to get this issue fixed first.

Thanks Guys

Leon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back