Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion - CMOS reset after Sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine also Fell to sleep and now i can't boot. keeps asking to shutdown and reset. any idea what to do from here? can i access terminal pre Boot up ?

anyone know a solution for my pcie problem? i want to use my 16x lane :(

Please test the following:

Make backup of the folder /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext

"sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x89\xd8|\xeb\x30\x89\xd8|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC"

Then update kernel caches:

"sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel; sudo kextcache -system-caches"

@smolderas, that fixed it, thanks! Still new to OSX, so I did it the GUI way (might be helpful for other noobs):

1. copy /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext onto desktop
2. Download 0xED, free hex editor: 0xED
3. Open this binary, inside the package AppleRTC.kext on your desktop: Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC
4. Edit->Find, Search Type Hex: 753089D8
5. replace the 75 with EB
6. save
7. install the newly edited kext, I used "Kext Utility" (or try KextBeast)
8. reboot

A potential issue is that the AppleRTC binary was modified by MultiBeast prior to the manual edit (timestamp on binary was changed), it would be better to edit the original 10.8 file. So far it's good, sleep and resumes are working, and reboots are clean (no more CMOS restore messages).

Update:
Pulled the AppleRTC.kext from the UniBeast USB drive and compared it the MultiBeast modified version, no changes, so MB only touched the timestamp. FYI, some SHA-1 hashes on the AppleRTC binary:

original 10.8: 01f1e2ed5395be6cecc01fa905ace94570979125
after editing: 53540587e2f1112679aa0083eb1cf312c8ad219f

Please test the following:

Make backup of the folder /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext

"sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x89\xd8|\xeb\x30\x89\xd8|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC"

Then update kernel caches:

"sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel; sudo kextcache -system-caches"

For me worked this fix! patched kext from 10.7 don.t work for me! (mobo Gigabyte Z68MX-UD2H-B3-F13)

THX! :)

Hi huys. I am having the same sleep problem with my build on ML
I have installed ML on Gigabyte H61N-USB3 wit an Sapphire HD5450 1GB. The problem occurs when i am trying to enter sleep.
The system goes into sleep, but after pressing the power button, the system does not recover from sleep and on the display there is no video signal. What should i do to get this working ?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back