nVidia GTS450
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

First of all, I want to thank all contributors of these helpful guides and tools. You guys really make my installation a walk in the park.

My system is built on GA-H77M-D3H with IvyBridge Xeon E3-1230V2, Kingston DDR3 1600 4G X 2, nVidia GTS 450 with 1G DDR5.
The installation is quick and easy with UniBeast Mountain Lion.
I followed the steps from this guide:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-guides/70509-guide-ga-h77m-d3h-w-out-dsdt.html
and installed D-Link DWA-125 driver.

The problem is, from the very first boot after installation, the system will only boot normally with -x, and the first reboot afterwards.
Every boot afterwards will hang on white screen with spinning beach ball, or blue screen without beach ball.

Everything except USB 3.0 works fine in -x boot and the first reboot, even the problematic GTS 450 and Ralink RT2870 usb wifi.

Any idea where the problems might be?

I can only get my ML install going sometimes by doing two boots. Sometimes it will only work the first time as well, but mostly I have to get a boot via -v. I'm not sure the reason why. I'm in the same boat as you. My Lion was working ok but my SL was pretty much golden. ML is giving me issues all over. I have to audio anymore and my internet goes out and I can't play trailers in iTunes.

This has been a challenge. What type of cable are you using for your monitor? DVI or HDMI?

sorry, forgot to answer your Q

I use DIV port only as my display has no HDMI.
I didn't know this was caused by graphics card until i turn off my LCD and later found only blue screen when I turn it back on.

Read through all the search result with key word "GTS 450" and tested with all remedies from others regarding this card.
None of them worked for me until the new nVidia driver.

Cheers!

LuxMark gave me a PathOCL kernel compilation error.

same result with Multibeast driver

well... at least I can boot normally and so far the system is stable.
so I guess openCL is one thing I can live without.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back