Graphics
GTX470SC
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all, I'm new so I would like to say hello!

I plan to build my own hackintosh for audio production (Pro Tools and Logic Pro). After poking around the internet for a bit, I have decided on using Tonymac's guide. I'll be building a version of his Customac Pro Ivy Bridge build, using an i7 3770 and Gigbyte UD5H board, running Mountain Lion.

Since this will be the core of my home recording studio, noise is an issue for me. My previous computer was fairly noisy, mostly from the graphics card's fan. I have decided to go with a passive (fanless) graphics card for my hackintosh.

After reading through the forums, finding out that FERMI is not a very good choice, and finding Beelzebobo's GT 610 fix, I have tentatively settled on an Asus GT 610 2GB fanless card. I plan to hook it up to my 2 monitors.

On to my two questions: Is this motherboard overkill for what I'm doing? I only need one PCIE x16 slot for the graphics card, and one shorter PCIE slot for my firewire card. I might go with a GA-Z77-D3H instead, if that is compatible. I would like to hear from anyone who has a GT 610, what have been your experiences? Have you run into any problems? How does it work with dual monitors? Thanks in advance for your replies!

The Z77-D3H is not recommended, it has unsupported VIA Audio. If you are planning on a cheaper board, go with the GA-Z77-DS3H.

PS: A passive GT 640 would be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back