Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I been trying to install Mountain Lion for two days now and can't get it to work without problems.
First problem is that it takes 1 min and 32 secs to bootup. At 1 min and 19 secs. it finally shows HD activity and boots up.

Second problem is that my wireless keyboard and magic mouse act weird. The mouse is working but as soon as I lift it up a little, it jumps to the edges of the screen.
Scolling isn't working either.
Also the keyboard every now and then just decided to instead of typing an a starts lowering the volume.

It get's even stranger.
If I make use of my Logitech USB mouse, it also doesn't work flawless.

This install is an update install.
I tried clean installs too but those either didn't boot correct or didn't let me copy the ATI6000Controller.kext in it's right place, neither did it work with kextbeast or SR Tools.

Even tho there are just a few significant changes in ML, it's a tough cookie to install.

Anyone else had or has one of these problems?

DevilisM,
Are you using any flags to boot into ML? That sort of boot time sounds like you are booting into safe mode (-x) or at the very least verbose (-v).

Are you using UseKernelCache=Yes in your com.chameleon.boot.plist?

The Bluetooth problem I experienced as well while I was trying to get my system stable. The simplest solution for me was to unplug my dongle and plug it back in. Behavior went back to normal. Since I got my system stable, I haven't seen that behavior since.

What bluetooth module are you using?

Hi Tamorgen,

First of, thanks for your reply.

This is my chameleon.Boot.plist:

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>
<key>Theme</key>
<string>Default</string>
<key>Hide Partition</key>
<string>"Applications" "Games" "Storage"</string>

All generated by Multibeast.

Will try plug out and plug back in my Ultron Bluetooth dongle and see if that fixes anything for me.

You are forcing the system to rebuild the KernelCache each boot. It's going to slow down your boot considerably. After you've booted successfully into ML with just -f, go into that boot.plist file, change the UseKernelCache=Yes to No. Reboot with just -f, and then change it back to yes

<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Hi Tamorgen,

After I read your post, I checked my chameleon.Boot.plist and set the UseKernelCache=No.
I then rebooted and couldn't get back in MP anymore. Even with Unibeast I can't seem to get back in.

Writing this message from my MBP with ML lol.

Hi Tamorgen,

After I read your post, I checked my chameleon.Boot.plist and set the UseKernelCache=No.
I then rebooted and couldn't get back in MP anymore. Even with Unibeast I can't seem to get back in.

Writing this message from my MBP with ML lol.

Are you rebooting with the -f flag? UseKernelCache shouldn't prevent you from booting. You could always type UseKernelCache=Yes at the bootloader and see if that'll let you back in. Worst case, boot back with -x -v -f and that should get you into safe mode where you can edit the boot list.

I decided to reinstall and do a clean install again.
Total noob here when it comes to the flags and booting in save mode etc.

I decided to reinstall and do a clean install again.
Total noob here when it comes to the flags and booting in save mode etc.

Sorry to hear that. To do anything in the Hackintosh community, you are going to have to live with the fact that boot flags are a necessary evil. Most of the time, you can get away with a handful of them.

-x -- Safe Mode
-v -- Verbose mode (shows you all the boot events as they happen) Great for troubleshooting.
-f -- Don't use Kernel Cache
-s -- Single user mode -- NO GUI. Get's you to terminal prompt

All of those can be typed in sequence with, in any order, with a space between them. Some of the other flags PCIRootUID=0 or 1, npci=0x2000 or 0x3000 provide the OS with needed pci bus information. Those flags are usually in your com.chameleon.boot.plist (manually or placed there by Multibeast or the like), but can be used in combination with the previously mentioned flags. You also have the GraphicsEnabler flag that turns on/off chameleon support for supported graphics cards.

There is a lot to read up on, and there is a lot of help out there before you try to reinstall. Unfortunately, you can expect a Windows like install on a hackintosh.

Thank you very much for that post :).

My first build was little over a month ago with the current specs in my signature.
It's not really a hackintosh friendly system but I managed to get Lion working fully and was pretty happy with it.

To be perfectly honest, I am not even that thrilled about ML's new additions.
I kinda get the impression everything extra within ML was supposed to be in Lion but they couldn't finish it in time so planned in Lion and then MP for a small price lol.

If ML keeps being stubborn, I might just install Lion from TM and wait till I bought my new system and install ML on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back