Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion - Bluetooth Problem & Slow Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems that you are using Asus X58 motherboard like me, the slow boot is due to the AppleACPIPlatform.kext. Just replace it with Multibeast 4.6.1. Choose Miscellaneous -> AppleACPIPlatform Rollback and also tick on System Utilities -> Repair Permission but usually I will run Kext Utility.

Thanks for the headsup Tot31.

Will try it out later on tonight :)

It's weird there are so many problems with ML because on the surface it doesn't look that much different.
It's all under the hood.

Just wanted to point out I'm having the slow boot with a bluetooth module installed too.
Strangely enough, the boot time is quick when I boot from my UniBeast USB! It's only when I boot from the boot drive itself.

GA H77 DS3H UEFI ver F5, i5-3570K, 16GB RAM, IOGear GBU321

My boot time decrease from 2mins to 24secs after I replace the AppleACPIPlatform.kext.

Do you happen to have a working DSDT for the P6T Deluxe tot31?

Thank you very much :)

Did you use it yourself when you installed ML?

Thank you very much :)

Did you use it yourself when you installed ML?

I'm not using Unibeast to install ML for my Asus P6T, instead I was using Mountain-Lionize which was written/prepared by Ermac from insanelymac forum. This Mountain-Lionize meant for most of Asus X58 boards and comes with all the DSDT files for all specific Asus X58 boards. It really saves me from all the hassle. I did try to use Unibeast but was facing post installation issues.

mountain_lionize.jpg

Just wanted to point out I'm having the slow boot with a bluetooth module installed too.
Strangely enough, the boot time is quick when I boot from my UniBeast USB! It's only when I boot from the boot drive itself.

GA H77 DS3H UEFI ver F5, i5-3570K, 16GB RAM, IOGear GBU321

Hello Crunk, ever find a fix for the bluetooth? I'm having the same issue. Mntn Lion boots relatively quick, but the last thing to load is bluetooth, so my mouse, trackpad, keyboard all take a while before they can be used... Maybe 30-45secs after OS load.

Anyone know of a way to set a priority on the load of services? Or a bt fix?

I'm using a RocketFish mini-usb bluetooth adapter..always worked perfectly with Snow Leopard on...

thanks..

Hi

Unfortunately I'm experiencing the same Bluetooth issue as you.
Bluetooth is taking 30-40 seconds to register every boot. It's rock solid once it comes online.

Has anyone found a solution?

Thanks!

-Scott

Hello Crunk, ever find a fix for the bluetooth? I'm having the same issue. Mntn Lion boots relatively quick, but the last thing to load is bluetooth, so my mouse, trackpad, keyboard all take a while before they can be used... Maybe 30-45secs after OS load.

Anyone know of a way to set a priority on the load of services? Or a bt fix?

I'm using a RocketFish mini-usb bluetooth adapter..always worked perfectly with Snow Leopard on...

thanks..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back