Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion and Parallels 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
No wifi, just an ethernet cable plugged directly into my mobo port.
Anybody else getting internet right away on ML using the same board as mine?

I have a gigabyte Z68 MA board. I also noticed there was some delays at boot time when card was initializing[regardless of the driver I used]. I had another issue where, if I took down my router or rebooted it, the Ethernet card got a wired ip address. Since I use my system as a headless server this was a big issue. I bought a cheap Ethernet card on amazon that was Mac compatible. Now everything boots fast and works all the time. Was worth the extra money for me.

RevLimiter,
What Network driver did you load with MultiBeast?

No wifi, just an ethernet cable plugged directly into my mobo port.
Anybody else getting internet right away on ML using the same board as mine?

My internet works right away, using Lnx2Mac

So what did u do to stop rebooting? Cause i cant install windows :( I dont know why. Tho i have 2 HDs, one is GUID, other is MBR on GUID is ML, on MBR is Windows.

So what did u do to stop rebooting? Cause i cant install windows :( I dont know why. Tho i have 2 HDs, one is GUID, other is MBR on GUID is ML, on MBR is Windows.

Are you installing win 7 within a parallels vm or are you just creating a dual boot system?

If the former, I discovered that you must enter the win 7 product key manually after the win 7 installation. The install fails and the vm reboots if you enter the key at the beginning of the install when it prompts for the key. Also, if you are installing in a parallels vm, why do you have a hd with an mbr partition table (I assume the drive is formatted with NTFS), since windows is running as a parallels vm?

Turn on virtualization in the bios.

Thanks, that helped. I didn't have this option in my old computer. I guess I got to keep up with this new hardware stuff in this new hackintosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back