i7 7700 K
Graphics
Intel HD630
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

Just trying an experiment with Mountain Lion install (have created Uni-Beast 5.2)_on iMac 2008 for Mountain Lion.

Trying to install on AsRock Z170 Professional Gaming i7 - (HD630)_7700K CPU currently installed. Have connected Nvidia GT710 as well. The install screen is stuck on a grey Apple screen with no activity.

I've tried -x (but still the Apple sceen only)_

Maybe Mountain Lion won't install? - I would plan to go to Mavericks or Yosemite anyway - But if this could install it'd be good to know what options there are.

I've tried an AMD R230 GPU but the BIOS got stuck - Any tips welcome.

Summary_just stuck at Apple grey screen prior to install - Thanks

Hi,

Just trying an experiment with Mountain Lion install (have created Uni-Beast 5.2)_on iMac 2008 for Mountain Lion.

Trying to install on AsRock Z170 Professional Gaming i7 - (HD630)_7700K CPU currently installed. Have connected Nvidia GT710 as well. The install screen is stuck on a grey Apple screen with no activity.

I've tried -x (but still the Apple sceen only)_

Maybe Mountain Lion won't install? - I would plan to go to Mavericks or Yosemite anyway - But if this could install it'd be good to know what options there are.

I've tried an AMD R230 GPU but the BIOS got stuck - Any tips welcome.

Summary_just stuck at Apple grey screen prior to install - Thanks
i have moved your post to desktop support

Are we looking at Mavericks 10.9? - or Yosemite 10.10?
We aren't looking at anything.
You should do some research of your own.

If the OS was end of life before the introduction of any of your hardware then the chances of it being supported are slim.

Are we looking at Mavericks 10.9? - or Yosemite 10.10?
You should read this post to determine what versions of macOS will work.

Your Z170 based system is Skylake.

You should read this post to determine what versions of macOS will work.

You Z170 based system is Skylake.

Yes, that's a very useful resource :thumbup:

We aren't looking at anything.
You should do some research of your own.

If the OS was end of life before the introduction of any of your hardware then the chances of it being supported are slim.

The 7700 K is Kaby Lake whilst the 6700 K is Skylake - Around this time would have been High Sierra which was released around 2017 so there would be support naturally for the HD530 & HD630 iGPU.

Is there a chance Sierra would have had this support? - Somebody may know this - Thanks

The 7700 K is Kaby Lake whilst the 6700 K is Skylake - Around this time would have been High Sierra which was released around 2017 so there would be support naturally for the HD530 & HD630 iGPU.

Is there a chance Sierra would have had this support? - Somebody may know this - Thanks
use High Sierra

MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 is the first version to officially support Kaby Lake hardware like your 7700K together with your GT710.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back