Motherboard
Gigabyte P67A-D3-B3
CPU
i7 2600k
Graphics
R9 270
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hello! I've just installed the latest update from Mountain Lion, but i can't get my usb3 ports to work properly. The only way i could avoid kernel panics and get the usb3 visibile in System Information was with some patches for Clover. Although i can see my drive in System Information, there are no HDD mounted either in Finder or Disk Utility. I've added a pic...
Please help :(

Attachments

• Screenshot 2013-09-25 02.00.15.png
    Screenshot 2013-09-25 02.00.15.png
    102.5 KB · Views: 198
Hello! I've just installed the latest update from Mountain Lion, but i can't get my usb3 ports to work properly. The only way i could avoid kernel panics and get the usb3 visibile in System Information was with some patches for Clover. Although i can see my drive in System Information, there are no HDD mounted either in Finder or Disk Utility. I've added a pic...
Please help :(

What USB kexts are you using? If GenericUSBXHCI, there is an update in the latest Multibeast...

Hey! Thanks for the fast response.

I don't use GenericUSBXHCI.kext, because i had no luck with it. I tried the version in the latest Multibeast (v1.2.6d2) straight from the source, but nothing happened. Patching Clover worked, but as i said, i can see the drive only in System Information. Nothing mounted in finder or diskutility.

Hey! Thanks for the fast response.

I don't use GenericUSBXHCI.kext, because i had no luck with it. I tried the version in the latest Multibeast (v1.2.6d2) straight from the source, but nothing happened. Patching Clover worked, but as i said, i can see the drive only in System Information. Nothing mounted in finder or diskutility.

So it is more of a Clover question. Sorry... no real experience with Clover.

If there's any other way to make it work, i'm happy to try it. Clover just got me the best "results"...

dainesy, Not hijacking your thread but this issue also is happening on my osx 10.8.5 haswell system too. I use the latest chameleon boot loader v2.2 svr r2263 so I don't think its directly related to your bootloader.

I have been searching for days on a fix for this (and trying to not destroy my system in the process) I believe it may have something to do with either the sata.dilyb or the filenvram.dilyb file getting loaded correctly on 10.8.5

I found this info below on a different site but haven't found the files they are referencing. I was googling "hackintosh not mounting ntfs" and was reading the first post ..

"have this problem, i don't now exactly, but reinstall sata.dilyb and filenvram.dilyb from chameleon 2189 generic not enoch, and be correct this. sorry, but i don't now why. fakesmc and plugins 4.3.5 "

Perhaps someone more attuned to the workings of those files can give us their expertise? Cheers. Doug.

No problem! I noticed that in console, when i plug my Extenal HDD i get
USBMSC Identifier (non-unique): 0x00000000 0xbc2 0x3320 0x100, 3
This might have something to do with it...

hello, just a fyi i was able to fix my strange issue with no usb / ntfs / nfs drives mounting on my desktop or being able to be browsed by replacing the FileNVRAM.dylib in my \extra\modules folder. I have linked the download below. Give it a shot! .. backup first if possible (carbon copy cloner or similar).

http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/source/commit/2189/
I downloaded the file -> /trunk/i386/modules/FileNVRAM/FileNVRAM.dylib
and overwrote my existing one, rebooted and huzzah !

Good luck. Doug

thanks a lot, but no luck for me:( usb3 is dead on my hackintosh...

hello, just a fyi i was able to fix my strange issue with no usb / ntfs / nfs drives mounting on my desktop or being able to be browsed by replacing the FileNVRAM.dylib in my \extra\modules folder. I have linked the download below. Give it a shot! .. backup first if possible (carbon copy cloner or similar).

http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/source/commit/2189/
I downloaded the file -> /trunk/i386/modules/FileNVRAM/FileNVRAM.dylib
and overwrote my existing one, rebooted and huzzah !

Good luck. Doug

dude.. I cant thank you enough for this. I have been scratching my head for a few days for this. The only thing left now I don't have kernel cache on boot.. still can't figure out why..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back