Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Haswell Mountain Lion 10.8.5 GA-B85M-D3H LGA 1150 mATX i74770k

This is my build to use as a Logic X and Pro Tools DAW. I will post hardware specs with links if someone will verify that I am allowed to link Microcenter as this was the place that I bought the parts.

Created USB Image using Unibeast 2.1.0 and Retail Apple Mountain Lion 10.8.5 release.

Hardware Used:

GigabyteGA-B85M-D3H LGA 1150 mATX Intel Motherboard
IntelCore i7 4770K 3.5GHz Socket LGA 1150
CrucialBallistix Sport 16GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800) CL9 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit (Two 8GB Memory Modules)
SanDisk Extreme SDSSDX-120G-G25 120GB SATA 6.0Gb/s 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive
Toshiba3TB 7,200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive PH3300U-1I72
ThermaltakeTR2 Series 600 Watt ATX Power Supply
TP-LINK TL-WN851ND Wireless N PCI AdapterTP-Link(http://www.osx86.net/files/file/65-tl-wn851nd-ar9227/)

Procedure:
1. BIOS: Load default optimized settings.
2. BIOS: Set XHCI mode to disabled (USB 2.0 only)
3. Create a Unibeast 2.1.0 Mountain Lion 10.8.5 USB Installer using your Mac
4. Make sure you remove GenericUSBHCXI.kext from extra/extensions folder of the USB drive.
5. Install Mountain Lion 10.8.5 and restart.( I powered off my computer and installed my GTX 650ti at this point)
6. Boot into the new Mountain Lion drive using the USB. You should not have issues booting up but if you run into issues you can try safe mode -x or GraphicsEnabler=No as boot flags.
7. Once rebooted I launched Multibeast 5.5.1 and installed the following:
Trim Enabler- 10.8.3+ TRIM Patch
FakeSMC
FakeSMCPlugins- Plugins, HWMonitor Application
Lnx2Mac's Realtek Ethernet Driver
Chimera 2.2.0 -if you are using HD4600 then install Chimera 2.2.0 and from Multibeast 5.5.1 install the Mac Mini Profile to enable Graphics memory greater than 64M.(I am using my GPU-650ti but did verify that Integrated Graphics was fully functional after multibeast)
8. Reboot into BIOS
9. Enable XHCI mode to enable USB 3.0(this is ok to do only when the install has been completed and Multibeast has been ran)

DONE!!!! You should have a fully bootable OSX Build. As far as Sound I have not initialized this as I am using a Tascam US-1800 usb interface. I have full sleep and wake.

I am going to install windows on another hard drive for dual booting. I will update the thread with my results. I am also going to try this same set up with the i5 4670k as well.

Hey How are you?

I'm trying to build a hackintosh with the same specs and mobo as you and I can't find a copy of UniBeast 2.1 anywhere! Can you upload a copy of your UniBeast 2.1 to me? Thanks in advance man!!! Keep hackintoshing!!!:clap::clap::headbang:

Hey How are you?

I'm trying to build a hackintosh with the same specs and mobo as you and I can't find a copy of UniBeast 2.1 anywhere! Can you upload a copy of your UniBeast 2.1 to me? Thanks in advance man!!! Keep hackintoshing!!!:clap::clap::headbang:

Use the latest version of UniBeast - it is compatible with Lion, Mountain Lion and Mavericks. UniBeast is improved to provide the most up to date requirements for later versions of OS X and PC hardware. You will find it in the downloads section.

:thumbup:

Adrian B

i have same mobo and cpu, but i have one issue with constant and random freezes.
Install process is very easy, system runing stable and fast, but i have freezes and only with hard reset can boot again.

i have same mobo and cpu, but i have one issue with constant and random freezes.
Install process is very easy, system runing stable and fast, but i have freezes and only with hard reset can boot again.

I was having a similar problem with my GA-B75M-HD3 motherboard and had to set up my UEFI/Bios from scratch, I made some slight changes somewhere its been good since. I think I changed something from smart auto to auto or enabled. I don't remember more than that I am afraid.

Adrian B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back