Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H
CPU
I7-4970K
Graphics
GTX 660
My probleme in 2 lines :
I installed Win7 and Mountain Lion 10.8.3 on the same HDD. Everything was working just fine. I shut down the computer, go to sleep. Next morning, OSX crashes just after boot, doing white image with multicolor dots.

My computer :
Asus P7P55D
I7- 860 (lynnfield)
2x4Go Kingston Hyper X 1600Mhz
MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr OC 2 Go
Western Digital 500 Go
A old IDE optical drive.
Samsung SyncMaster 2232BW

More precisly :

I installed Win7 and OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.3 in dual boot on the same HDD following this guides :
Tonymacx86’s guide with unibeast
« Going Bald »’s guide for multi-booting

I needed to add those flags : « PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No » in order to start installation.

I made my own DSDT with DSDT editor and patched it with the patch I found on -- PIRACY PROMOTING SITE o --.com corresponding to my motherboard (P7P55D).

I restared many times trying to enable audio and finally used this one : VoodooSeb235

Everything works just fine.

I rebooted and started Win7 then installed nvidia drivers from the MSI cd. I played a while and went to bed.

Next morning OSX start, the apple screen log normally but at the moment i’m supposed to see the osx desktop show, a white screen with mutli color dots appears. It changes to other white screens with grey squares and dots while I can ear a whistling coming from the pc case. (I still can’t say which part is making that noise)
It looks like that :
IMG_20130514_194309.jpgIMG_20130514_202711.jpgIMG_20130515_142058.jpg

Scince then, i tried :
-Changing the video port behing my graphic card (both DVI and the HDMI)
-Every flag I know : PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=0 npci=0x3000 and –x
-Full re-install (Win7 and OSX)
-Installing OSX on another HDD alone (without WIN7 and no other HDD plugged)
-With only one ram module.

The only thing that worked was to use SAFE MODE : -x flag.
When i'm in safe mode : the computer recognises the graphic card.

I really don’t know where is the probleme. Maybe someone has an idea.
The only thing a can think about is an hardware issue but Win7 is still working just fine so…

It’s been 4 days I’m trying. I’ll continue but it will be very helpfull if someone had some advise for me.

I’m frensh, so I sware I done do my best to be understandable please ask me if something isn’t clear.

Thank you all.

Attachments

• IMG_20130515_151115.jpg
    IMG_20130515_151115.jpg
    946.4 KB · Views: 323
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back