Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion 10.8.2 on ASUS G74sx from start to finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your answer but I followed this advice and I always get a KP ... here is a screnshot:
temp.jpeg
Yet I seem to have followed all the advice. Someone would have an idea? Please ?

No, i didn't forgot it...i'll retry, andd i'll up the "conf" of multibeast...

Hello,

I have an ASUS VX7SX, almost same config as for the g74sx. Is someone kind enough, and of course I'll make a contribution if needed to help me setup mavericks 10.9.4 on my system? I have no faculties about coding. I shall provide more intel about my laptop after confirmation.

THX

It's since a bit of time I can't dedicate time to my hackintosh.
Yesterday I tryed to connect it to a 2nd monitor and I discovered that VGA port is not working properly. Both monitors stayed black.
any suggestion about what to do?

It's since a bit of time I can't dedicate time to my hackintosh.
Yesterday I tryed to connect it to a 2nd monitor and I discovered that VGA port is not working properly. Both monitors stayed black.
any suggestion about what to do?

VGA is not supported by OS X.

There are some patches for HD3000 drivers (your profile does not list your specs, not sure what graphics you have...). But they cause instability and are not recommended.

VGA is not supported by OS X.

There are some patches for HD3000 drivers (your profile does not list your specs, not sure what graphics you have...). But they cause instability and are not recommended.

Thanks for your reply. I tryed this morning using the HDMI port. The port works fine, but when it is connected, the laptop can detect just the external monitor. With windows it works flawlessly.
Any idea?

Thanks for your reply. I tryed this morning using the HDMI port. The port works fine, but when it is connected, the laptop can detect just the external monitor. With windows it works flawlessly.
Any idea?

What hardware?

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

System: asus G74SX - TZ206V
CPU: i7-2670qm/HM65
Graphics: nvidia GTX 560m, 3gb vram, 1920x1080

other details:
OSX version: 10.9.4

please note that this notebook DOES NOT have optimus technology, integrated GPU is disabled, it just uses the gtx 560m.

System: asus G74SX - TZ206V
CPU: i7-2670qm/HM65
Graphics: nvidia GTX 560m, 3gb vram, 1920x1080

other details:
OSX version: 10.9.4

please note that this notebook DOES NOT have optimus technology, integrated GPU is disabled, it just uses the gtx 560m.

Details must be in your profile or signature, such that they accompany each post.

I don't know much about nvidia... I don't have the hardware, thus no experience/motivation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back