Contribute
Register

Mount of outer dmg failed can I use my Mac Mini?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H81M-S2PV
CPU
i3-4160
Graphics
HD 4400
Mac
  1. Mac mini
  2. Mac Pro
I have tried a bunch of times with new downloads and different USB thumb drives but nothing lets me mount the El Capitan OS to it. Is there a way that I can use my Mac Mini to install the OS and stuff needed to run on my Hackintosh?

Uhm, can you please specify more as to what exactly you're trying to do? I'm not sure what you mean by "mount the OS." Are you trying to mount InstallESD.dmg? BaseSystem.dmg? Are you trying to restore either of those to a flash drive? etc.

But to more directly answer your question about the Mac Mini, if your Mac Mini can boot El Capitan than you could use it to install El Capitan to a hard drive, which you could then install a boot loader (or Unibeast) onto and put into your PC.

Hope I helped, but more information would be nice so I can help further!
I tried mounting the El Capitan installer using this

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan\ Public\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan\ Public\ Beta.app --nointeraction

But every time it said Mount of outer dmg failed.

How would I go about installing the bootloader onto it? Would I use my Mac Mini or would my Hackintosh to install the bootloader?

How would I go about installing the bootloader onto it? Would I use my Mac Mini or would my Hackintosh to install the bootloader?

Either would work. Just keep in mind once you install the boot loader it probably won't boot in your Mac Mini anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back