Contribute
Register

Motu PCI -424

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adrian, thanks for the reply.

I have tried both pcie slots one is a 4x and the other is a 16x. No luck, same issue in both. I have been through that second link of 424 threads but I didn't realized we had that audio driver thread, **** I feel like an idiot. Will look at that one tonight.

Thanks man.

Adrian, thanks for the reply.

I have tried both pcie slots one is a 4x and the other is a 16x. No luck, same issue in both. I have been through that second link of 424 threads but I didn't realized we had that audio driver thread, **** I feel like an idiot. Will look at that one tonight.

Thanks man.

Nae bother Sax :thumbup: Its a big place, this Tony Mac Forum - I still turn up interesting things on a daily basis. The amount of information here is something else.

Keep us informed.

Adrian B

Just wanted to follow up on this subject.

I, like sax monster, replaced my PCI-424 original with a PCIe-424 and found that my hackintosh recognized it immediately. I have had no issues with clicking or popping, and am very satisfied that now my dual boot Win8/OS 10.8.5 works beautifully.

I guess the moral of the story is to only use PCIe cards for the MOTU hardware for macs.

Thanks for all the help from everyone!

DJ

Here is an update.

Turns out I had a bad PCIE-424 Card. MOTU replaced the card and all if just fine now. Crystal clear audio. Working perfectly now.

Excellent, saxmonster!

Another update from me as well. I upgraded to OS X 10.9 Mavericks, which was an adventure. It works very well. I did notice, however, that with my set up, the MOTU universal audio drivers cause an error on boot (I'm booting in verbose mode always). The error I get is "Fixing incorrect zfree from zone kalloc.32 to zone kalloc.64" repeated nearly 500 times. (The following from my system.log)

Oct 30 12:00:18 Macintosh kernel[0]: Fixing incorrect zfree from zone kalloc.32 to zone kalloc.64
Oct 30 12:00:18 --- last message repeated 498 times ---

I found that if my 2408 is not turned on at boot time, the system won't boot. However, if it is on at boot time, the system will finally boot. Not sure if this issue will be solved when (if) MOTU comes out with a new driver for OS X 10.9, but just wanted to put it out there. It may occur only on my configuration.

Thanks,

DJ

Excellent, saxmonster!

Another update from me as well. I upgraded to OS X 10.9 Mavericks, which was an adventure. It works very well. I did notice, however, that with my set up, the MOTU universal audio drivers cause an error on boot (I'm booting in verbose mode always). The error I get is "Fixing incorrect zfree from zone kalloc.32 to zone kalloc.64" repeated nearly 500 times. (The following from my system.log)

Oct 30 12:00:18 Macintosh kernel[0]: Fixing incorrect zfree from zone kalloc.32 to zone kalloc.64
Oct 30 12:00:18 --- last message repeated 498 times ---

I found that if my 2408 is not turned on at boot time, the system won't boot. However, if it is on at boot time, the system will finally boot. Not sure if this issue will be solved when (if) MOTU comes out with a new driver for OS X 10.9, but just wanted to put it out there. It may occur only on my configuration.

Thanks,

DJ

...mine too, I'm running a 424 pcie with two 24io. under 10.8.5 rock solid, under 10.9 same kernel panic as you described. downgraded back to 10.8.5 and will hold of till motu delivers 10.9 driver.

Hi PCI-424 users!

I have a problem. I have a hackintosh (see my specs in signature) desktop machine, and a PCI 424 (can't remember which version, but I remember I had to upgrade to a 424 at the time because my G5 wouldn't be compatible).
edit: my card is the PCI-X type.

I have used it on my Hack, for 5 years without a problem, up until a few months ago it was running on 10.6.8 with Chimera.
More recently a friend gave me his UAD2 solo so I thought It was time to upgrade to a 64bit system with Clover.
So first I installed El Capitan and the latest drivers for my PCI.
The system could see the PCI Card but my 2408mkII would sometimes appear in the PCI setup, sometimes not.
Convinced that it was an El capitan related problem I have decided to install Yosemite, and then again same problem, the interface is sometimes recognised sometimes not.
The PCI-424 seems to be recognised by the system though, just not the 2408mkII...
I have tried different audio wires ports (I still use the original cable) other PCI Slots, sometimes if I reboot it works but most often not...
Any ideas?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back