GTX 660
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all, I never did work out how to set up a proper build profile, so Im going to post it here, hope you like it...

Its, a Gigabyte Z77n-wifi, 3225 i3, 8GB corsair, Pico powers, 128GB SSD, 500GB HDD, Scythe Kozuti cooler, laser keyboard, Also has a pico projector (Optoma 301+), not shown, just to make it portable.

Cheers.

IMG_2847.JPGIMG_2844.JPGIMG_2862.JPGIMG_2855.JPGIMG_2851.JPGIMG_2845.JPGIMG_2864.JPGIMG_2858.JPGIMG_2853.JPGIMG_2846.JPGIMG_2865.JPGIMG_2861.JPGIMG_2854.JPG

Very cool!! Would love to see pics of the inside. What are you doing for power?

Great photo introduction of this hack. I for one would like to see a complete build log and see the re-engineering details.

When I think that I have seen them all, a work of art like this pops up and opens whole new avenues of thought.

neil

Thank you for your compliments, it means a lot...here is a photo of the innards, not much to see..the HDD, SDD are under the main board, as is the power card. Its a 150w custom built board running off a 65watt universal laptop brick.

The antennae are custom built, I took two old ones from a PC, cut away the plastic insulated the ground and extended the two cores to correspond with a length that would match with 2ghz approx. 2 3/4 inches, as the aluminium mesh is radio cancelling they run just outside to the left and right of the I/O aperture I have not really finished that (you can see the wires) I plan to glue them to the base so that they are almost invisible, but the range and reception is good.

I have to say this mini ITX board is very nice to use, it has been the most reliable and fastest build yet, also the 4 hyper threads on the i3 are great! I thought it would not be anything like my i5 3570k, but its virtually the same and only 55 watts.

I going to build a similar one based on the NUC, which will measure only 15cm in diameter (this one is 26cm) if anyone has an NUC they would like in a chrome UFO case I would love to build it for you. Cheers.

Also..here is a link to a long boring video I made whilst I was testing it with FCP, Geekbench etc...Im sorry our axolotl tank is in the background, its impossible to watch without needing the loo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS5xHdtNX4E&list=UUJm_qIN3z_i78NOndi_W-wA&index=2

Attachments

• IMG_1011.jpg
    IMG_1011.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,148
very impressive build!! wow in my opinion the most interesting creative case mod for a hackintosh.. also the laser keyboard is just crazy cool. how well does it work?

very impressive build!! wow in my opinion the most interesting creative case mod for a hackintosh.. also the laser keyboard is just crazy cool. how well does it work?
I'm curious too. My mind was blown when I saw it lit up in red on the desk and wondered if it worked or was just for show!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back