CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
I am upgrading a dual-boot Hackintosh in two ways: new graphics card, and newer OS.
Specifically:
Nvidia GTX 970 to AMD Radeon 5700 XT.
Sierra to Mojave/Catalina.

I downloaded Clover.app and tried to update it from 4920 to 5120 - I'm not sure if this worked. I did select all the 'mandatory' driver options as well as many others that I found online that were recommended.

I began the Mojave installation and everything seemed to be going well. It restarted the computer.

Now, I see the GIGABYTE welcome screen after post, but then I get a black screen. I do NOT get the Clover bootloader come up.

What should I do now?

I am upgrading a dual-boot Hackintosh in two ways: new graphics card, and newer OS.
Specifically:

I downloaded Clover.app and tried to update it from 4920 to 5120 - I'm not sure if this worked. I did select all the 'mandatory' driver options as well as many others that I found online that were recommended.

I began the Mojave installation and everything seemed to be going well. It restarted the computer.

Now, I see the GIGABYTE welcome screen after post, but then I get a black screen. I do NOT get the Clover bootloader come up.

What should I do now?

Hi there.

Have you added the latest Lilu and Whatevergreen kexts ?

Have you added the boot-command "agdpmod=pikera" ?

:)

Specifically:

What should I do now?

The RX 5700 XT is only supported on MacOS Catalina 10.15.2 and later. It is not supported on Mojave.

If you want to install and run Mojave you may need to use CPU integrated graphics (I assume you want to keep the RX 5700 XT, right?). Or if you want to use a graphics card then you must get one that is supported by Mojave, e.g. RX 580.

The RX 5700 XT is only supported on MacOS Catalina 10.15.2 and later. It is not supported on Mojave.

If you want to install and run Mojave you may need to use CPU integrated graphics (I assume you want to keep the RX 5700 XT, right?). Or if you want to use a graphics card then you must get one that is supported by Mojave, e.g. RX 580.

Thanks for letting me know this. I managed to get Mojave installed after the other commenter's advice so I'm trying to install Catalina now.

Hi there.

Have you added the latest Lilu and Whatevergreen kexts ?

Have you added the boot-command "agdpmod=pikera" ?

:)

Thank you! You helped me get Mojave installed. Now I'll move on to Catalina to get support for my graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back