Contribute
Register

Motherboard recommendation for Yosemite!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus P8H61-M
CPU
Intel i5 2300
Graphics
Zotac GTX460SE 1gb
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys,
Currently have an i5, Asus P8H61-M and 8gb of ram I would like to turn into a hackintosh.

From what I can gather my motherboard wouldn't be compatible? I certainly haven't seen a DSDT for it!

So fellow "hackintosher's" what motherboard should I buy that will enable me to make myself a functioning yosemite machine!

I don't need any fancy features, just the most basic 1155 board will be fine!

Thanks

Hi guys,
Currently have an i5, Asus P8H61-M and 8gb of ram I would like to turn into a hackintosh.

From what I can gather my motherboard wouldn't be compatible? I certainly haven't seen a DSDT for it!

So fellow "hackintosher's" what motherboard should I buy that will enable me to make myself a functioning yosemite machine!

I don't need any fancy features, just the most basic 1155 board will be fine!

Thanks
Specs on the i5? Can't recommend a board if you don't know the CPU. Do you plan to use CPU gfx or a discrete GPU?
If you are wanting to swap out the build in your profile, any Sandy Bridge based Gigabyte board will work that has Realtek audio and LAN or intel LAN. Stay away from the boards with VIA audio.

It is an i5 2300(1155), I would like to use my discrete gfx (GTX 460SE) and ok thanks mate will have a look for one!

Hi guys,
A thread revival!

I stayed away from doing a hackintosh in the end but would like to give it another crack I think!

Still have the same parts so an i5 2300, can someone recommend me a motherboard that I can use with the least amount of messing around with DSDT's and so on!

Thanks

Hi guys,
A thread revival!

I stayed away from doing a hackintosh in the end but would like to give it another crack I think!

Still have the same parts so an i5 2300, can someone recommend me a motherboard that I can use with the least amount of messing around with DSDT's and so on!

Thanks

Try this older H61M model from Gigabyte.
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3794#ov

If you can't obtain that then go with a newer B75M model that is Ivy Bridge.

http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-Intel-Micro-Motherboards-GA-B75M-D3H/dp/B007R9CRGW/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1ZFENV1CNHPBAG4Z4CM4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back