i5-4670k
Graphics
R9 290
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi,

I'm currently modding an old Mac Pro case and my current ATX mb doesn't fit properly inside, and I don't want to to some cutting on that part of the case.
I need instead to change my mb by an mATX model.
I have a i5-4670k, and I want 4 ram slots, 6 sata slots, 1 pcie x16, 1 pcie x4 and 1pcie x1 (all available) on it to plug all my accessories.

I found some models but I'm not shure which are the best to make a hackintosh with :
MSI Z87m gaming and Z97m gaming (very good mb with lot of ports)
Asus Z87m-Plus (less ports than msi mb)
Asrock Z87M Extreme4, Z87M OC Formula, Z97M OC Formula and Fatal1ty Z97M Killer
Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-D3H and GA-Z97mx gaming

So 2 Gigabyte models, 2 MSI, 1 ASUS and 4 Asrock

The problem is that I'm unable to find any of these model, except the MSI Z87m that I found on ebay.
I didn't found much infos about this model and hackintosh, but do you know if macOs could run great ? My current mb is a MSI Z87-G45 Gaming and Mojave is running without any problem (except front usb 3 ports)

Jamesbond007

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z270X-UD5
CPU
i7 7700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi,

I'm currently modding an old Mac Pro case and my current ATX mb doesn't fit properly inside, and I don't want to to some cutting on that part of the case.
I need instead to change my mb by an mATX model.
I have a i5-4670k, and I want 4 ram slots, 6 sata slots, 1 pcie x16, 1 pcie x4 and 1pcie x1 (all available) on it to plug all my accessories.

I found some models but I'm not shure which are the best to make a hackintosh with :
MSI Z87m gaming and Z97m gaming (very good mb with lot of ports)
Asus Z87m-Plus (less ports than msi mb)
Asrock Z87M Extreme4, Z87M OC Formula, Z97M OC Formula and Fatal1ty Z97M Killer
Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-D3H and GA-Z97mx gaming

So 2 Gigabyte models, 2 MSI, 1 ASUS and 4 Asrock

The problem is that I'm unable to find any of these model, except the MSI Z87m that I found on ebay.
I didn't found much infos about this model and hackintosh, but do you know if macOs could run great ? My current mb is a MSI Z87-G45 Gaming and Mojave is running without any problem (except front usb 3 ports)
Theoretically any of the motherboards should be able to run Mojave well, but the problem is, as you said, can you find any of them? These motherboards have been phased out and you can only try to find second hand ones.

Motherboard
ASUS Gryphon Z97
CPU
i7-4790K @ 4.8Ghz
Graphics
RX 580 & HD 4600
I got an Asus Z-97 Gryphon working well, if you can find one of those i'd upload my EFI folder for you that should get you up and running in a short period of time.

Just checked ebay, loads of them but man expensive, I paid $189 AU in 2014.

Motherboard
MSI G45-Z87-GAMING
CPU
i5-4670k
Graphics
R9 290
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I got an Asus Z-97 Gryphon working well, if you can find one of those i'd upload my EFI folder for you that should get you up and running in a short period of time.

Yeay, all those old mb are sold at crazy prices and are either in USA or China most of the time (and I'm from France ..)

Finally I will probably take a cpu + matx mb + ram combo, it will be easier to find and will update my components
I can get a Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 (+ i7 and 16Go) that will definitely do the job, I will probably go on this one

Motherboard
Asus Z97 Gryphon
CPU
i7-4790k
Graphics
GTX 960
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS

Sorry for bumping an old thread but do you mind posting your EFI folder? I tried PM'ing but it said I needed 75 posts in order to do that.