Not open for further replies.
T

TheTechPogrom

Hi,

Specs first:

CPU: Intel Core i3 4340
MB: MSI Z87 G45
GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 760

I made a USB key for OSX Mavericks with Unibeast and whenever I try to boot from the USB my motherboard freezes:beachball:. In the bottom right corner it says "9C" and doesn't do anything. When I turn Legacy+UEFI it recognizes the USB but still can't boot from it. Do I need to flash and patch the motherboard or do something else? If I have to patch and flash, has anyone succeeded with the same motherboard?

Hi,

Specs first:

CPU: Intel Core i3 4340
MB: MSI Z87 G45
GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 760

I made a USB key for OSX Mavericks with Unibeast and whenever I try to boot from the USB my motherboard freezes:beachball:. In the bottom right corner it says "9C" and doesn't do anything. When I turn Legacy+UEFI it recognizes the USB but still can't boot from it. Do I need to flash and patch the motherboard or do something else? If I have to patch and flash, has anyone succeeded with the same motherboard?

I own a MSI Z87M-G43 and I had problems loading OS-X. This lead me to install Ubuntu LINUX 64 bit to check out that hardware. I also loaded MS Windows 8 64 bit version. Both installs ran without a problem.

So I did patch the BIOS and then was able to install Mt. Lion and Mavericks. Do a search on patching the BIOS as there are instructions available.

Also, there maybe an opportunity to use Chameleon and run the kernel patch utility at boot time. Search on this one as it is not usually used on desktops.

Good modding,
neil

So, you only patched the BIOS and it worked? You didn't flash it?o_O

So, you only patched the BIOS and it worked? You didn't flash it?o_O

Sorry for that stupid question. Now, I got pmpatch and tried it, but it didn't work for the "PowerManagement" part. Can it still be used?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back