Contribute
Register

Motherboard for an Easy Build Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

As all of you have heard it already for 1000 times, I am new in hackintoshing. But quite old in using Apple computers. I am graphic & web designer and for last 10 years I use only mac computers. But new prices of macbook-s have become some motherf&%$^ing! And in fact, that I don't live in a good economy country, for me paying $2500 for computer is like 2 months salary. And I have started looking for a work-horse hackintosh, which can be at the same time mid-level gaming machine. I have considered buying i7-8700 & AMD RX570.

So, after long introduction, I would like to ask for an advise. The main problem is that, I can't understand which motherboard to buy. Z370? Z390? Which has the minimum headache installing Mac OS. For me it doesn't matter, how many usb-s it has, how many m.2-s it has(everybody has 1). The main thing is the price. As cheap as it is possible.

Thanks!

The main thing is the price. As cheap as it is possible.
Post a link to the sites/stores you will be buying your motherboard from. If you want an i7-8700 CPU then I would search for a Z370 motherboard if that will give you the lowest price. Many times they cost about the same as the H370 boards which have been more challenging for macOS installs.

Last edited:
Post a link to the sites/stores you will be buying your motherboard from. If you want an i7-8700 CPU then I would search for a Z370 motherboard if that will give you the lowest price. Many times they cost about the same as the H370 boards which have been more challenging for macOS installs.
I will be buying it on Amazon.com. Which Z370?

Last edited:
Great price! What about compatibility? I mean, is it easy to use with Hackintosh install?

Just one layman's .02...there's much that goes into that question. If you try a search on the site for the motherboard you will find a whole slew of posts about that motherboard. But you need to consider what you are using it with and for. Dedicated Graphics vs integrated graphics. Are you using wireless vs ethernet. Do you want fully functioning USB support. Etc. I've seen this posted before, look at the forums and find a build that is successful and mirror your build after them. I use an H370M board - I had tremendous success but it took a while to get to what I call fully functional. And i purposely chose components that seem to give me the best shot of functioning. Hackintosh is not always plug-n-play. Get comfortable with what you are going to face and the tools you need to use. By the end of the build, if you stick with it, you will have learned a lot about your computer.

Hackintosh is not always plug-n-play.
That's the reason I write here. I want something that is maximum plug-n-play way. Because after 1 month of reading all threads, I have no answer to motherboard. I have answers about CPU, RAM, hard drive, power supply, even cooler. For me, all Z370, H370, and Z390 motherboards are good. Everything they have is ok for me. I don't need more usbs, more ram slots, more m.2 slots, no wi-fi is needed. Everything that has minimum version, (for example Gigabyte Z370M DS3H) is acceptable for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back