Motherboard
MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
UHD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi every one, I would have a suggestion. My motherboard GA-Z97 can't out on black screen with blank cursor and mouse.

20210418_170520.jpg

I did this but nothing
Power down system, unplug power cord. Hold start button down for 10 seconds. Clear CMOS (follow manufacturers recommendations). Disconnect Sata and or NVME drives. Plug in power on and it should go to bios.
Z97 systems have this problem with Open Core, it seems to take over the bios. Open Core developers have been addressing this in the latest versions but you will have to research it.

Here's some info I found on booting to Gigabyte's Backup BIOS. Haven't tried it myself, use at your own risk.

Here is how you boot back into the backup BIOS:

Method 1
  1. Shut off your computer
  2. Hold the power button until your computer starts and shuts down again
  3. Press the power button again, your backup BIOS should kick in now and should re-flash the backup BIOS if there's anything wrong with the new one.
Method 2
  2. Hold the power AND the reset button for about 10 sec, than release.
  3. It should boot into the backup BIOS now.

Here's some info I found on booting to Gigabyte's Backup BIOS. Haven't tried it myself, use at your own risk.

Here is how you boot back into the backup BIOS:

Method 1
  2. Hold the power button until your computer starts and shuts down again
  3. Press the power button again, your backup BIOS should kick in now and should re-flash the backup BIOS if there's anything wrong with the new one.
Method 2
  2. Hold the power AND the reset button for about 10 sec, than release.
  3. It should boot into the backup BIOS now.
I've been through this a few times on my Haswell systems. The key for me was to disconnect my SATA cables after CMOS clearing. That was the only way to get back to bios screen.

Open Core developers have been addressing this in the latest versions but you will have to research it.
Yes, I think it only happens with older OC versions when the end user had bootprotect enabled. That is for dual booting so that Windows doesn't corrupt the macOS EFI partition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back