Contribute
Register

Motherboard died need help (Swapping hard drive to new laptop)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asrock Z97 Pr04
CPU
I5 4690K
Graphics
EVGA gt 740SC
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Greetings Everyone,

The motherboard on my HP Probook 6570B has gone bad. I used the clover uefi hotpatch method to install mac on my notebook. Everything was working fine and has been for years. Unfortunately my motherboard died. I have purchased another Probook 6570b. (I will swap over the WIFI card and Hard drive) I have a few questions about getting my notebook back up and going.

1. Since I am using the exact same model and brand of notebook computer, can I simply take the hard drive out of my notebook with the bad motherboard and install it in the new notebook? Will I run into any issues or will it just fire up like before?

2. If simply swapping the hard drive in wont work, what method should I use?

Thanks everyone in advance

Greetings Everyone,

The motherboard on my HP Probook 6570B has gone bad. I used the clover uefi hotpatch method to install mac on my notebook. Everything was working fine and has been for years. Unfortunately my motherboard died. I have purchased another Probook 6570b. (I will swap over the WIFI card and Hard drive) I have a few questions about getting my notebook back up and going.

1. Since I am using the exact same model and brand of notebook computer, can I simply take the hard drive out of my notebook with the bad motherboard and install it in the new notebook? Will I run into any issues or will it just fire up like before?

It should work. Don't forget to setup the bios on the new machine.

Greetings Everyone,

If your system is really the EXACT model with IDENTICAL hardware configuration as the system before, then the MacOS system previously installed should be able to work with the new system provided you configure the BIOS as before.

This is no different with a motherboard replacement on a desktop computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back