Contribute
Register

Motherboard Coil Whine !!!! For the love of God, help me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@puntercam, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard (Mobo), CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Hi guys, i have a brand spanking new hackintosh with an i7-8700 with the exact same issues on high sierra! Anyone found a solution yet? It's driving me nuts! For now i just turn my music louder but thats not a solution...

Best regards

I also have this very annoying issue. The best solution I've found is to reduce the polling rate of my mouse from 1000 to 500. Lowering the DPI also helps especially 3200 and under but the polling rate seems to have the biggest impact. 3200 DPI and 500 polling makes the noise faint enough to be inaudible.

Also, and for the last time - this can NOT have anything to do with the hardware or grounding. This issue is not even noticeable on Windows 10 on the same exact hardware...

Exactly! I hear almost nothing on Windows 10. I disabled C States but CPU frequency jumping on Mojave and fixed on Windows 10. I hear it when computer idling and simple tasks like Spotify which uses internet, not while benchmarking CPU, RAM or disks.

Hi guys,

I got exactly the same problem. No whine in Windows 10, in Mojave it starts after a couple of minutes while mouse moves. It's the system you can see in my profile. Very annoying. I run SMBIOS iMacPro1,1, all cores at 4.7GHz. iMacPro1,1 because quicklook of JPGs is not working if I use iMac etc.

cheers,
Ole

I also have this very annoying issue. The best solution I've found is to reduce the polling rate of my mouse from 1000 to 500. Lowering the DPI also helps especially 3200 and under but the polling rate seems to have the biggest impact. 3200 DPI and 500 polling makes the noise faint enough to be inaudible.

Thanks for that. Worked for my Corsair Dark Core SE.

I have this problem on 3 hacks, most noticeable when downloading from network. Windows 10 has no problems at all...

I have this problem on 3 hacks, most noticeable when downloading from network. Windows 10 has no problems at all...
What motherboards ? They should be in your profile - Account Details and your signature too if more than one.

What motherboards ? They should be in your profile - Account Details and your signature too if more than one.
They are old computers that I don't run anymore, mainly GA-EP45T-UD3R, GA-X58A-UD3R, and the Z390 Designare. Also I had an HP Z620 workstation that did the same thing.

They are old computers that I don't run anymore, mainly GA-EP45T-UD3R, GA-X58A-UD3R, and the Z390 Designare. Also I had an HP Z620 workstation that did the same thing.
I have about 5 working hacks and have never experienced this. My hearing is good too. Have you tried the solution with the mouse DPI settings as mentioned in this thread ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back