Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
For the motherboard it appears that Gigabyte has the best out of the box compatibility. I have a decent knowledge of computers and I was wondering if companies like Asus, Asrock, or even MSI motherboards have the same out of the box compatibility.
For the SSD & HDD can I buy any SSD or HDD instead of the Samsung SSDs and the Seagate HDDs listed in the buyer's guide or is there something special or tricky I would have to do to get them working properly?
I assume there should really be no problem as to which SSD/HDD because you can put them in regular Macs just fine and dont have to worry about compatibility issues. I just want to check because I am looking to repurpose some of the SSDs & HDDs I have laying around. Thank you very much for your responses.

For the motherboard it appears that Gigabyte has the best out of the box compatibility. I have a decent knowledge of computers and I was wondering if companies like Asus, Asrock, or even MSI motherboards have the same out of the box compatibility.

It used to be the case that Gigabyte had an advantage against Asus, ASRock, MSI, etc. in terms of OOB compatibility, but now the only big concern is having compatible audio and Ethernet, as evidenced by the plethora of compatible motherboards listed in the Buyer's Guide.

For the SSD & HDD can I buy any SSD or HDD instead of the Samsung SSDs and the Seagate HDDs listed in the buyer's guide or is there something special or tricky I would have to do to get them working properly?
I assume there should really be no problem as to which SSD/HDD because you can put them in regular Macs just fine and dont have to worry about compatibility issues. I just want to check because I am looking to repurpose some of the SSDs & HDDs I have laying around. Thank you very much for your responses.

In general, any SATA HDD or SSD will work. I'm not sure why the Buyer's Guide remains so loyal to Samsung and Seagate, when there are so many options to choose from.

Thank you very much for your quick response it is greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back