Dell Optiplex 7040
CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi Everyone!

Im just a newbie on this forum and just starting to list down the hardware's I need for my

1st hackintosh. :)

Im on a look out for a motherboard, Im just looking in these 2 brands: Gigabyte and Asus.

Can anyone recommend which model/s will be good with just an allotted budget of 130$ with the ff: basic specs:

-can have 2nd or 3rd gen processors

-has USB 3.0

-has built in graphics (vga, hdmi or dvi inputs)

-not necessarily but has a wifi? (asus has one model but not sure if its compatible for a hackintosh).

That's it for now :)

Thanks everyone! :)

Hi Everyone!

Im just a newbie on this forum and just starting to list down the hardware's I need for my

1st hackintosh. :)

Im on a look out for a motherboard, Im just looking in these 2 brands: Gigabyte and Asus.

Can anyone recommend which model/s will be good with just an allotted budget of 130$ with the ff: basic specs:

-can have 2nd or 3rd gen processors

-has USB 3.0

-has built in graphics (vga, hdmi or dvi inputs)

-not necessarily but has a wifi? (asus has one model but not sure if its compatible for a hackintosh).

That's it for now :)

Thanks everyone! :)

Hate to say it but you need a bigger budget. $130 will about get you an i3 cpu and you will need about $70 for a mobo to put it on, then around $60 for a graphics card, another $50 for memory, another $50 for a case to put it all in, then a power supply will run you $40-$80, so you need a minimum of around $400-$500 for the computer, then you need a monitor to go with it.
You might try using the search box and key words "budget build" and see what you can find where someone else made a low cost build.

@thierry37

Thanks for replying will try to look on that.

@Going Bald

I think you misread what im asking (have to read it again, maybe I was wrong).

My 130$ budget is just for a motherboard.

thanks anyway..

My 130$ budget is just for a motherboard.

The four boards in the "budget list", are in your budget. They all have USB3 and video output.
Don't know about the wifi.

GA-Z77-DS3H
GA-H77-DS3H
GA-B75M-D3P
GA-Q77M-D2H

@Thierry37

Thank you again for your help and for the list/model's of the motherboards.

Im based here in the UAE so will just check each shops here and find the cheapest if i can bargain with the shops.

Another question everyone...
I have seen the blog with the list provided and im just wondering if even on the other hardware parts like:

-RAM's
-Hard Drive
-Power supply
-keyboard and mouse

should need to be followed in terms of models and brands?

thanks again..

I don't think there is much problems with the RAM, Hard drive, etc.
It's always better to choose something that is already working for another user. You never know.
(especially when you build your first hackintosh.)

For the power supply, it's not a problem of compatibility, but you must have enough power for all your components. (depending what you choose.)
For example, if you take a "big" motherboard, with a big GPU, and you plug 4 hard drives... you would need much more power than a small HTPC, low processor, small SSD, no GPU.

Keyboard: I think you should really take an Apple one. Or at least one dedicated to mac OS.
Mouse: anything with a USB should work. (I don't know if there are compatibility problems at this level.)

Hi everyone!

I just went today to the computer shop here and this is what I found regarding the models of motherboards that is available on their shop:

1) GA-Z77X-D3H
2) GA-Z77-D3H (without the "S" after D)
3) GA-H77-DS3H

Question,

the first one is not on the recommended lists but i kinda like this one because of looks and I think its new with the rest.

the 2nd one there's no "S" after D on the model and was wondering if it is just the same on the recommended list

the last one is the cheapest and it is on the recommended list but I kinda like something newer models ( the first 2).

My Question is will all of these motherboards work on a hackintosh?

Gigabyte has a great tool to compare the different motherboards. Try it!

Here you have all the 4 motherboards: http://www.gigabyte.fr/products/comparison/list.aspx?ck=2&pids=4144,4140,4147,4146

the first one is not on the recommended lists but i kinda like this one because of looks and I think its new with the rest.
If it's not on the list, it's not recommended... (even if on the list, it's still good to look around the forum for similar build and if the guys had success or not.)
If you take a board that nobody used, when you have a problem, nobody will be able to help.

Better to buy something "older" and proven, with support from the community.

the 2nd one there's no "S" after D on the model and was wondering if it is just the same on the recommended list
As you can see from the comparison by Gigabyte, it's not the same.
The (recommended) Z77-DS3H has a Realtek audio chip. The D3H has a VIA. (which, if I remember correctly from other topics, is not as easy. But maybe I'm wrong)

The last one in your list is cheaper, but if it's enough for what you are doing, there is no point to buy the "newest", just to say you have the newest. no?

And looking at this comparison http://www.gigabyte.fr/products/comparison/list.aspx?ck=2&pids=4146,4147 , I don't find any difference, apart the RAM maybe. (that can be OC)

Hi everyone!

I just went today to the computer shop here and this is what I found regarding the models of motherboards that is available on their shop:

1) GA-Z77X-D3H
2) GA-Z77-D3H (without the "S" after D)
3) GA-H77-DS3H

Question,

the last one is the cheapest and it is on the recommended list but I kinda like something newer models ( the first 2).

My Question is will all of these motherboards work on a hackintosh?

The third choice GA-H77-DS3H is best for you since everything on the motherboard is compatible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back