Contribute
Register

[Mostly Success] Coffee Lake ATX - MSI MEG Z390 ACE - i9-9900k - Radeon VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad that it worked!
if you install Windows there is the MSI Mystic light software which you can adjust the RAM and other lights on the motherboard. I’m not sure about the status LED lights all over the motherboard and if you can adjust how they act with standby.

smbios imac 18,3 or 19,1 or imac pro 1,1 all will work on this board.
People generally use imac smbios if they have a headless igpu, and imac pro if they can’t enable the igpu. This particular board does not support an igpu

All right, I'll see if there's anything I can do about that thank you

Hello, mine is also i9 9900k+ MSI Z390ACE. I downloaded your EFI but I still want to know how you set your motherboard BIOS settings. I look forward to receiving your reply. Thank you

Hello, mine is also i9 9900k+ MSI Z390ACE. I downloaded your EFI but I still want to know how you set your motherboard BIOS settings. I look forward to receiving your reply. Thank you

Hello mine is defined like this
in OC CPU features
Intel VT-D Tech to Disabled
Intel Virtualization Tech to Enabled
EIST to Disabled
Intel Turbo Boost to Enabled

the rest is by default maybe it has a better setting I do not know.

Only downside is that you cannot enable a headless iGPU on this board. there is no option to enable it from bios. more on that later.
Hello. is it still at this situation? Or any bios update about it?

Hello. is it still at this situation? Or any bios update about it?
Apparantly you cant have a headless igpu if your board lacks a display output On any motherboard. I talked to people at msi and they said they cant make a bios option because it lacks the proper hardware. The best msi board to hack is the gaming pro carbon (non-ac). I would love to try and hack one of their z490 boards but most of em have cnvi wireless cards

Thank you very much.

so i switched my system over to opencore 0.6.2 today.. feels more stable than my clover hack. This one running 10.15.7 i ran into one lttle hangup during the usbmapping but just figured it out
3E3B133C-7AD1-44FD-94DE-D17D9A210ED1.jpeg

* i removed ssdt-rhub As seen in this pic as it did nothing for me and added the ssdt-usb rename*
Had 3 naming conflicts. I used option A to generate a ssdt to rename the usb controllers so they could be recognized. Compiled it with maciasl and added it to my efi, rebooted, all ports and controllers were finally visible, was able to successfully generate my usb map, and my front usb ports have never worked so good in my life!

Last edited:
Greeting, i see you are now on OpenCore and it seems more stable. I would like to know if you can send me your folder so i could reinstall my system with yours if you don't mind. Awesome job by the way, thanks you.

Yo! Thanks!
Greeting, i see you are now on OpenCore and it seems more stable. I would like to know if you can send me your folder so i could reinstall my system with yours if you don't mind. Awesome job by the way, thanks you.
I have a lot of work piled up the next few days, but i’ll try to get that over to you! I still recommend reading thru the whole Dortania guide on github! I learned so much from it.

still using my calculated slide value
Found radeonboost.kext which drastically improved my radeon vii’s performance, but it isnt useful/bad for some cards
Finally able to make a usb map
No more random hangs before my bios screen
Figured out how to make airdrop way more reliable/verify it
I like opencore so much more than clover haha.
I’m still on 0.6.2 my efi isnt updated for 0.6.3 yet

Yo! Thanks!

I have a lot of work piled up the next few days, but i’ll try to get that over to you! I still recommend reading thru the whole Dortania guide on github! I learned so much from it.

still using my calculated slide value
Found radeonboost.kext which drastically improved my radeon vii’s performance, but it isnt useful/bad for some cards
Finally able to make a usb map
No more random hangs before my bios screen
Figured out how to make airdrop way more reliable/verify it
I like opencore so much more than clover haha.
I’m still on 0.6.2 my efi isnt updated for 0.6.3 yet

Hello I know it is not easy to do when you do not even know while reading the tutorials anyway thank you to you and your hard work see you soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back