Contribute
Register

Most recommended network cards to replace my Intel Centrino Advanced-n 6235?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD3
CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
GTX 1080
Intel cards are no supported so looking one to replace the one on my laptop.

Requirements:

*Natively supported by macos.
*Provides both BT as well as WIFI so as to be able to have handoff / Continuity.
*Is the same size / form factor as the centrino advanced-n 6235.

Thanks!

Thanks for linking the proper thread to look at. My bad for not browsing the stickies beforehand. Apologies.

Couple questions:

1) If I understood correctly, the cards you most recommend are the ones specified here:

v3p0Jk8.png

Sadly, Im not able to get any of those on my country, at least not soon. A quick search for Broadcom cards yielded the following results on my local online shopping site, pretty cheap also, surprisingly.

*BCM94312
*BCM94313HMG2L

Any clue as to wether those are compatible or not? If those arent compatible, I'll check wether I can import any of the ones you mentioned even if it means waiting months.

2) As per:

ETt9ETL.png

I thought Broadcom cards were natively compatible on macOS? All the ones you suggested are not natively supported then, right? If thats the case, any natively supported cards that require no kext tinkering or anything?

On my desktop, my Fenvi T919 needed no kexts or anything whatsoever, are cards for laptop a whole different thing or what?

3) Could you tell me the exact form factor name of the Intel Centrino Advanced-n 6235? I think its mini pciE but not really sure. Took this pic yesterday when tearing my laptop down yesterday to check on the model. Ill post it just so you can check the exact thing.

0w8PPT2.jpg

Ill keep on reading meanwhile, thanks!

PD: I do have a Samsung laptop and remember being able to at least boot to Desktop last year when I tried to hack it, that means my laptop does not have eDP and as such should be compatible?

Sadly, Im not able to get any of those on my country, at least not soon. A quick search for Broadcom cards yielded the following results on my local online shopping site, pretty cheap also, surprisingly.

*BCM94312
*BCM94313HMG2L

Any clue as to wether those are compatible or not?

Those are not supported.
The FAQ and related guides have the list of compatible (and recommended) devices.

Those are not supported.
The FAQ and related guides have the list of compatible (and recommended) devices.

Gotchu. Thanks for the heads up.

Regarding point 2 which I think you missed, do all cards need kexts and/or patches to be installed in order for the card to work as expected? Is there no native support just as in Desktops?

PD: I think you got to point 1) and stopped reading from there. Np though.

Gotchu. Thanks for the heads up.

Regarding point 2 which I think you missed, do all cards need kexts and/or patches to be installed in order for the card to work as expected? Is there no native support just as in Desktops?

PD: I think you got to point 1) and stopped reading from there. Np though.

You should read the provided links in the FAQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back