Graphics
HD4000/7650M
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Rehab or anybody, I am wondering if there is anything that can be done to help with volume output.

Probook 4540s with the IDT sound chip. In windows sound is very loud and crisp, in Mountain Lion or in Mavericks the sound is not very loud at all turned all the way up. I usually end up installing boom but by the time I get the output to the same level as it was on Windows its distorted.

I notice this as well, try installing srs audio essentials mac free edition to see if it works.

I notice this as well, try installing srs audio essentials mac free edition to see if it works.

I'll give it a shot and report back. Thanks!

You can also try Boom.

After having an unsatisfactory try with SRS Audio Essentials (trial options too limited and audio boost not as high as I expected), I tried Boom and loved it. I was very happy that I could install a completely functioning product for a 7 day trial before I had to buy.

It works great for me. You can purchase the full version at the App Store for only $6.99, compared to $30.00 for SRS. For me, it was a no-brainer after comparing.

Give it a try.

Caution: Just be careful not to raise the EQ and sound volume too high to potentially damage your speakers.

You can also try Boom.

After having an unsatisfactory try with SRS Audio Essentials (trial options too limited and audio boost not as high as I expected), I tried Boom and loved it. I was very happy that I could install a completely functioning product for a 7 day trial before I had to buy.

It works great for me. You can purchase the full version at the App Store for only $6.99, compared to $30.00 for SRS. For me, it was a no-brainer after comparing.

Give it a try.

Caution: Just be careful not to raise the EQ and sound volume too high to potentially damage your speakers.

I have already bought boom, mentioned it in my first post. So far it's the best solution.

I have already bought boom, mentioned it in my first post. So far it's the best solution.

Somehow I missed that, although I had read it a few days ago.

Since volumes vary so much from one audio output source to another, we are just stuck with fine tuning. About the best we can do is to sample a few volume varying clips from each output source to get a sense of a compromise audio and/or Eq level(s) that we can work with. Now, if there was a system wide volume normalizer whereby we could set decibel levels, I think that we would have less work to do with adjustments. That is my 2¢.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back