Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770K @4.2-4.4GHz
Graphics
GTX 660 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
The launch date for Apple’s upcoming version of OS X dubbed Mountain Lion has once again gained momentum with the 25th of July being the suggested launch date once more. According to 9to5mac.com several Apple stores around the world are planning on being open overnight on the 24th of July, suggesting that we might be seeing something more than just a new OS.

mountain_lion.png

The 24th of July is the date of Apple’s Q3 2012 earnings conference call. Last year OS X Lion was launched the day after Apple’s earning call and as such the rumours are pointing to the same pattern this year, although last year the new Mac mini’s and MacBook Air’s were launched alongside the new OS.

The question is, will Apple be launching updated hardware along Mountain Lion this year or not? So far the rumour factor is zero here, but we wouldn’t be surprised if we saw the introduction of Ivy Bridge based iMac’s and Mac mini’s on the 25th, but maybe Apple is holding out a bit longer as the company is trying to clear its current inventory ahead of the introduction of new hardware.

Source: 9to5mac.com

Dammit Just Bought a Mac Mini 2011 For my front room, oh well My hackintosh upstairs is going to be Ivy Bridge so... :headbang:

I'm gonna need 1 GB extra RAM and a clean install for ML.

If Apple is launching a new Mini with Ivy and SSD inside, at decent price... It will kill my plans for Customac Mini.

But I am confident on Apple... :lol: A nice Mini, still with slow HDD, just upgrading to Ivy and USB3. Nothing more.
And for same price.

My Customac Mini plans should be safe.

thierry37 said:
If Apple is launching a new Mini with Ivy and SSD inside, at decent price... It will kill my plans for Customac Mini.

Well- a mac mini will pretty much always be a laptop without display, trackpad, keyboard. It's got Mobile parts- slower lower voltage cpus, less ram, expandability and most likely will have hd 4000 onboard graphics on the ivy bridge models.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back