Contribute
Register

Monterey with NVIDIA graphic cards (Kepler series) support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the same problem with Chris software
Chris1111 hasn't updated his app since Beta 7 so it's not ready for 12.0.1 yet. Keep checking his Github repo for an update that works with 12.0.1 or greater.

Screen Shot 17.jpg

Chris1111 hasn't updated his app since Beta 7 so it's not ready for 12.0.1 yet. Keep checking his Github repo for an update that works with 12.0.1 or greater.

View attachment 532689
I talked about that with Chris on his forum and he said that it is compatible with 12.0.1. He gave me some links where you see users had success with his software and 12.0.1.

Legacy hardwares like mine are patched everywhere to keep them up to date. I think that some required variables are not working properly whith Chris software but work with OCLP.

Hello everyone, finally, after several attempts due to Nvidia GeForce 710 video card installed, I managed to upgrade from macOs Big Sur to macOs Monterey through OpenCore Patcher. With Nvidia Kepler cards it was not at all easy and so immediate.

Attachments

• Capto_Capture 2021-10-31_06-34-42_PM.png
    Capto_Capture 2021-10-31_06-34-42_PM.png
    116.6 KB · Views: 293
finally, after several attempts due to Nvidia GeForce 710 video card installed
Does your 710 work as well as it did in Big Sur ?

It seems that after install of the package the csr-active-config ➤ EF0F0000 has to stay like this, otherwise restoring to csr-active-config ➤ 00000000 won't boot anymore.
Is this what everyone is experiencing?

It seems that after install of the package the csr-active-config ➤ EF0F0000 has to stay like this, otherwise restoring to csr-active-config ➤ 00000000 won't boot anymore.
Is this what everyone is experiencing?
The patches mess with the root volume, and the drivers I think are modified so are not validly signed by Apple anymore. You need SIP disabled to allow unsigned kexts to load.

This issue from OCLP has more details: https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/issues/348

Last edited:
Updated my old Desktop today to Monterey 12.0.1 [which is running Clover bootloader] and ran @chris1111's Geforce-Kepler-patcher (v2) without any issues!

Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 2.14.03 AM.png

Thank you for extending the hackintosh life of my ol' faithful machine! :)

I tried this on GT 730 but after reboot i get a black screen then it reboots into recovery. It wont boot back into monterey, does it work with 730 GT Kepler?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back