Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi
I have this configuration:
MB: Asus Rog Strix z390-F
CPU: Intel i7 9700KF 3.60 Ghz
GPU: Radeon RX 5700XT
Ram: 16 Gb
I tried to install Monterey but with no success. I followed several discussions and guides but the hardware was not always the same as mine. Can anyone give me some guidance on installing Monterey with my hardware. I read in some discussion that the CPU with suffix -F has problems. It is true? Thanks for your help

Hi
I have this configuration:
MB: Asus Rog Strix z390-F
CPU: Intel i7 9700KF 3.60 Ghz
GPU: Radeon RX 5700XT
Ram: 16 Gb
I tried to install Monterey but with no success. I followed several discussions and guides but the hardware was not always the same as mine. Can anyone give me some guidance on installing Monterey with my hardware. I read in some discussion that the CPU with suffix -F has problems. It is true? Thanks for your help
i have moved your post to desktop support

The CPU with 'F' means it doesn't contain an Integrated Graphics Processing Unit (IGPU). So a normal iMac SMBIOS won't work with your system. You need to use a SMBIOS from an Apple system that uses a Xeon CPU, as these too don't contain an IGPU, i.e. iMacPro1,1, MacPro6,1 or MacPro7,1.

Other than that your system is fairly standard for a Z390 build. You might be better served installing macOS Catalina first, so you can iron out any issues in an OS which has lots of guides for X390 systems. Jumping straight in to macOS Monterey may not be an easy or wise move.

You don't mention which if any SSD or NVME drive you are using. If you are using a Samsung NVME drive I would have a read of this thread regarding Monterey and Samsung Trim issues - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/general-nvme-drive-problems-fatal.316546/

Thanks for your reply.
I have also a Thinkpad t450s with a working installatrion of Monterey with opencore 0.76. Now I want to install it in my desktop PC. I have in it an Adata NVME drive with Windows 11 and a Samsung Evo SSD where I wanto to install Monterey.
I tried using only iMac 19,1 as System and I havn't thought to change now I try. Thanks

After several tests I have successfully installed Monterey. I used MacPro6,1. The computer is connected to the network via ethernet and everything works.
Not having in the motherboard the bluetooth, I connected an Intel usb adapter with wifi and bluetooth. Hackintool recognizes it and is indicated as "802.11ac + Bluetooth 5.0 Adapter" on the adapter it says "AC1200". Unfortunately neither bluetooth nor wifi works. Searching on the net I put in OC Kext AirportItlwm.kext for Monterey and itlwm.kext and insert the necessary entries in the config.plist, but wifi doesn't work.
For Bluetooth I used BlueToolFixup.kext and IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext with entries in config.plist but bluetooth doesnt work.
Any help? Thank you

Last edited:
You should never use AirportItlwm.kext and itlwm.kext together! Use one or the other, whichever works best with your setup. But never the two together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back