Contribute
Register

Monterey/Ventura on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - OpenCore

Been a longtime off due to having a baby boy back in june and just recently upgraded my open core to 0.86 release.
Working fine on big sur. I am now in the process of upgrading to ventura. Will see how that goes next.

Anyone using sidecar yet and how do you configure it any kexts or anything needed or plist changes?
Update: Now running venture. How do i get bluetooth working? i have the kexts ect from this oc folder for usb ect thast deedee did

my card is

BCM94360NG​

Attachments

• OC0.8.6-EFI-R001.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 64
Last edited:
This card works natively and need no kexts.

I also have that exact card and it is working natively for me. One catch on the EliteDesk is that in the BIOS, there is are actually two settings on two separate pages that need to be turned on to enable M.2 WiFi/BT. System Options > M.2 WLAN BT (Check for on), and ALSO in Built-in Device Options > M.2 USB / Bluetooth (check for on).

If I had not missed enabling that second option, I would have saved 2-3 hrs troubleshooting ...

I can see bluetoth icon on toolbar at the top and its got a line through it. In the control centre i have toggled on wifi and that works, toggled on air drop and that is on but cant see anyone. the bluetooth slider is showing as on here but nothing when i go to settings says not connected. When i go to the notification centre i click on bluetooth it spins and doesnt connect.

Those bios settings you have mentioned are enabled. I am running a bios from 2020

• taken from another forum

• Revise EFI as follows:
    • Create a new USBPorts.kext by editing the USBPorts-16.kext that I include in my EFI: Edit USBPorts-16.kext/Contents/Info.plist to remove port SS10 so that the Info.plist has only 15 USB ports while enabling port HS14 (for Bluetooth). 15 USB ports is the max allowed by macOS Ventura.
    • Replace the existing USBPorts kext in my EFI with this new USBPorts.kext that now includes USB port HS14
    • Add AirportBrcmFixup.kext to OC/Kexts and in the config.plist Kexts > Add (addition of this kext is probably optional but just a habit for me)
  • Boot Ventura and configure Wi-Fi
  • Turn-on Bluetooth and connect to Bluetooth devices

i dont quite understand the above could some body check my configs and plists

Attachments

• AirportBrcmFixup-2.1.6-RELEASE.zip
    103.7 KB · Views: 32
  • EFI.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 72
Test this.

Attachments

• EFI Edited.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 95
Just copied my USBPort.kext for the test.
In order to get bluetooth working you have to assign one usb port with UsbConnector value 255 (Right click on USBPort.kext -> Show Package Content -> info.plist). It's strange your ports are not working as I have the exact same system and everything is working properly. Don't forget to clean nvram. If this doesn't help you have to generate your own USBPort.kext with Hackintool.

All USB enabled here. Did you update to the latest bios ?

Back